Talk

Advanced search

Stand mixer or food processor?

(2 Posts)
Barbeasty Wed 09-Dec-15 21:13:32

My old Kenwood multi pro food processor fell apart today and, although I managed to wedge it together well enough to finish what I was making, it needs to be replaced.

I used it mainly for making cakes and pastry, then once a year use it to make all the breadcrumbs I need for Christmas. All done with the whizzing knife blade attachment. I can't remember when I last used anything else on it.

Would I be better off getting a straight replacement, or something like a kmix which I suspect is better for cakes and then look at getting a small blender next year?

Thankfully I've already got all my breadcrumbs ready in the freezer and most of the baking done.

hooliodancer Fri 11-Dec-15 11:34:18

I use my stand mixer for cakes and pastry- and bread- and personally think this is better than using the processor as you get more air in cakes. Pastry is better than using the food processor I think, because you can't overdo it. I love my kitchenaid! But, I use my food processor a lot too,most days.

If I had to have just one I would choose the food processor though! I make pates and soups, chop vegetables in it, none of which the stand mixer could do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now