Talk

Advanced search

problem with kenwood chef- whisk attachment

(9 Posts)
badasscafe1 Thu 03-Dec-15 16:14:38

I just can't seem to lower it- it isn't close enough to the bottom so is leaving butter untouched. I have the directions, have looked for videos, etc but I just can't seem to get the nut to loosen.... has anyone managed to lower their attachments? any tips for me? many thanks

canyou Thu 03-Dec-15 19:00:15

If using butter it is the paddle you need to be using to cream things together. Or if you really want to use the whisk fold a cloth under the bowl to raise the bowl to the whisk.

Carpaccio Fri 04-Dec-15 10:46:20

I don't think a cloth will work as the bowl locks into place and with anything wedged under to bowl it just won't be possible.

I have used an adjustable wrench to adjust the attachments.
The nut is pretty tight so it isn't easy, but it should be to not loosen while you're using the machine.
For some of the really tight (and old) ones, I've had to get my DH to help.

Not very helpful, sorry.

twattockery Sat 12-Dec-15 12:42:17

Is the round rubber pad under the bowl fitted? If it isn't the bowl will sit a bit too low. You can get them for about a tenner.

Fizrim Sat 12-Dec-15 12:44:57

I've never adjusted the attachments on mine but tbh, the K beater could probably do with it as it does miss a bit at the bottom. Watching with interest!

bigTillyMint Sat 12-Dec-15 12:58:07

Mine came with a spanner thing to adjust the height of the attachments - google and try that?

badasscafe1 Mon 21-Dec-15 14:13:33

thanks for all suggestions and comments-- I have the spanner, have googled but found nothing useful. the best thing seems to be to try to raise bowl.... many many thanks!

Imnotaslimjim Mon 21-Dec-15 14:18:20

Try dropping the attachment in a bowl of boiling water for a few minutes then quickly dry it and grab it with the spanner while its still hot. If not, squirt it with WD40 and leave for a few minutes. If its old, it may have seized

Imnotaslimjim Mon 21-Dec-15 14:18:54

Oh, and hold the bar with a pair of pliers, it give you a better torque

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now