Talk

Advanced search

Presenting homemade sweets

(9 Posts)
DeeLite Fri 27-Nov-15 10:19:42

We've moved to a new house and seem to have lovely neighbours. I thought it might be nice if the kids dropped around edible gifts. My DH will think this is weird (he likes to keep a distance from neighbours) so please reassure me that it's not!

Also, I think they would look nice in a jar with a Christmassy lid or ribbon but this would probably set me back a bit. Any other ideas (or ideas for buying cheap jars)?

MumOfTheMoment Fri 27-Nov-15 10:44:17

One of my relatives used jars at her wedding reception for vases. She just bought Aldi/Tesco value jam for about 30p a jar and used those. Bit of a waste of jam but you could decant it or make a job lot of jam tarts grin

DeeLite Fri 27-Nov-15 10:55:38

Ooh good idea!

MrsHathaway Fri 27-Nov-15 11:50:53

Someone was online saying value pasta sauce is cheaper than jam - just FYI!

I'd use cellophane bags myself - eg these on eBay.

chrisrobin Fri 27-Nov-15 11:59:06

I made tablet for my sons teacher and put it in cupcake boxes from poundland

Carpaccio Fri 27-Nov-15 18:48:42

I'd do cellophane bags with a nice bow.

Depends on the sweets. Probably cellophane bags, although glass jars can look lovely, & my local cookshop sell thin card boxes lined with tissue paper, which I've used for fudge etc before. Fudge in a bag can go squishy sometimes. If giving biscuits, definitely a box.

Onykahonie Thu 03-Dec-15 16:58:05

Poundland had packs of patterned cellophane bags with ribbons last Christmas. I'm hoping they've got them in again this year to package home made gifts.

Discopanda Sun 13-Dec-15 22:35:20

I was about to say Poundland too! Ikea do very cheap storage jars too that you could use and pop a bit of ribbon round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now