Talk

Advanced search

I have a new KitchenAid. What should I make I with it?

(12 Posts)
TwigsWithStupidLittleLightsOn Fri 13-Nov-15 18:50:12

It was a gift <grateful face>.

I have a glass mixing bowl, plus the three standard attachments.

I'm a pretty good baker using 'manual' methods, but this is my first foray into the world of mixers.

What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance. cake

howtorebuild Fri 13-Nov-15 18:51:02

Shortcuts pastry then a light sponge.

TwigsWithStupidLittleLightsOn Fri 13-Nov-15 19:26:21

I was thinking pastry. Thanks.

Dontlaugh Thu 19-Nov-15 21:51:11

My own personal epiphany with KA was meringues. I am sure others will be along to share more, but anything requiring mixing now I just take the KA out. Cakes, buns, muffins etc. Truly a lifetime investment.
I also have the icecream bowl, which makes amazing icecream. Strongly recommend.

pingoose Thu 19-Nov-15 21:53:17

I made Christmas cake with mine last weekend and just watched in awe as it did all the hard stirring for me.

Also, pavlova (but best in a metal bowl, if you want to add to your KA collection).

TwigsWithStupidLittleLightsOn Fri 20-Nov-15 08:58:33

Excellent suggestions! Is it worth getting the KA recipe book do you think? Or just sticking with Google?

LadyPeterWimsey Fri 20-Nov-15 09:04:44

I haven't used the recipe book at all, but then I am a prolific but not very adventurous baker.

I use the KA for everything. Enjoy!

CannotEatApples Fri 20-Nov-15 12:49:39

Never made pastry in mine, usually use the food processor. How do you make it in the KA please?

bilbodog Fri 20-Nov-15 15:52:23

I've just made nigella s vanilla cake - just put all ingredients in bowl and switched on - looked at my KA lovingly, stroked it and hey presto - cake is in oven now and kitchen smells delicious!

TwigsWithStupidLittleLightsOn Fri 20-Nov-15 19:58:45

bilbo It's so bloody easy, isn't it? I can't get over how much simpler, quicker and tidier it makes baking.

I'm going to do some recipe googling tonight and try and become a bit more adventurous. Nigella's chocolate cake (a staple of mine) will be tested in the KA over the weekend!

glamorousgrandmother Fri 20-Nov-15 20:06:10

I make a lot of bread with mine. The dough is almost untouched by hand.

Iwantakitchen Fri 20-Nov-15 20:12:12

Victoria sponge all in one takes seconds to mix. Pastries and def meringues.

I have an old one (30 years old +) and used it four times this week : bread x 2, lemon tray bake and chocolate sponge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now