Talk

Advanced search

Help! Boss and wife coming for afternoon tea...just found out she is gluten and milk intolerant

(4 Posts)
Sweetpotatocurry Thu 12-Nov-15 12:51:35

Thought inviting them for tea, bread with toppings and cakes would be easier than lunch or dinner...and now I find out she cannot have any of those things! So, has anyone any delicious recipes for bread and cakes without gluten and milk. She can eat eggs. Help! Thanks

Mrscog Thu 12-Nov-15 13:16:47

Could you do something like this - www.nigella.com/recipes/view/apple-and-almond-cake-for-passover-and-any-other-time-3204

I've not made it but I have been admiring it for a while!

Have a selection of herbal tea flavours in.

Gluten free bread with some toppings on - or you could serve some 'toppings' separately - slices of ham/smoked salmon/hard boiled eggs etc. so she might just have those if she doesn't like gluten free bread.

stripes1 Thu 19-Nov-15 20:21:35

Sorry i don't have the recipe but I made a lemon polenta cake once for someone with the same allergies. Also bought her some nice biscuits from ocado, if you read the reviews you can see which the best are.

AimUnder Sun 22-Nov-15 22:10:29

Nigella has a chocolate olive cake which is gluten and dairy free, and is absolutely delicious! Use ground almonds and not gf flour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now