Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

30cm (12inch) decorative cake tin

(7 Posts)
Snoopadoop Wed 11-Nov-15 21:28:52

Can anyone help? I've googled and googled and googled. I need a storage tin for a Christmas cake, but the cake is massive. I need a 30cm(12inch) round tin for storing my cake preferably decorative even better festive. Does anyone know of such thibgs exist?
TIA

Sagethyme Wed 11-Nov-15 21:37:29

Dunno if its helpful, but i stored the bottom tier of my wedding cake in a plastic storage box with clip lids (i wrapped it in greaseproof paper and then foil and then put it in the storage box). Alternatively if its made with alcohol and covered with marzipan and royal icing it will keep for several weeks, just pop a tea towel over it, but put it in a dry place, damp will destroy it!

FawnDrench Thu 12-Nov-15 20:20:00

Apparently this container can store a 12 inch cake, according to the first answered question about the dimensions.
It's not a tin though, so don't know if it's suitable for you...

bookbook Thu 12-Nov-15 20:29:24

Does it need to be tin, and sturdy, or just pretty? If just pretty, how about a hatbox?
( I keep mine in an enormous tupperware box!)

Snoopadoop Thu 12-Nov-15 21:34:15

I want to give the cake as a gift so was keen for it to be decorative. smile

Thank you for the helpful hints.

bookbook Thu 12-Nov-15 22:27:48

this is tricky! _ I did find these- the Xl or XXL look as if they may be big enough smile

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Decorative-Round-Purple-Lilac-Floral-Home-Office-Storage-Boxes-Hat-Gift-Box-/181872418138

Snoopadoop Thu 12-Nov-15 22:29:22

Thank you I'll look now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now