Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got/used a multi size cake tin? What did you think?

(10 Posts)
NannyR Fri 02-Oct-15 19:03:15

I'm thinking of buying one of these to make some smaller Christmas cakes rather than cutting up a large one into four. It has plenty of good reviews but some bad as well, I was just wondering if anyone had one and what they thought of it.
It's more than I would normally spend on a cake tin, is it worth it or should I just buy four small square tins?

mrsseed Fri 02-Oct-15 19:06:28

I have one and love it, i brought it as i needed a 12" tin and thought I'd try it. It does work, and if you look on their website there is lots of guidance on ways to use it including getting extra internal pieces so you can do even more smaller sizes in one.

PurpleDaisies Fri 02-Oct-15 19:06:44

I have it-it as absolutely worth it. I bake lots and it has basically replaced all my square tins so I have more cupboard space. The non stick is excellent, it cooks evenly through to the middle of the tin and it is generally brilliant.

Definitely worth the money.

NannyR Fri 02-Oct-15 21:09:36

Great! Seems like a good buy, I will order it and see how I get on.

TheExMotherInLaw Sat 03-Oct-15 20:47:58

I've had one for about 30 years. You need to line it with greaseproof, but it is good, especially for odd sizes. I think some of them also come with a flexible bit you can make into a circle, so can have any round size you want, too. Also useful that mine folds into almost nothing, so doesn't clog up the cupboard

4merlyknownasSHD Mon 05-Oct-15 16:48:16

One of the benefits of this pan over baking a larger cake and cutting it is that you have a baked edge. This is better for icing. A cut edge means cut dried fruit and that leaches fruit acid in to the icing causing it to stain. A second benefit is that it takes less time to cook a batch of smaller cakes than one large cake.

stealthsquiggle Mon 05-Oct-15 16:50:50

I love mine. I batch bake small Christmas cakes every year.

You will need the extra set of dividers sooner or later - order them at the same time grin

Oldieandgoldie Mon 05-Oct-15 17:35:03

I've had mine over thirty years too. Worth every penny, and more. smile

tb Sun 18-Oct-15 12:50:11

I bought one from Lakeland and ended up taking it back as it wouldn't fit in the oven. My only cooker is an Aga and although very deep, the ovens are quite narrow.

LemonRedwood Sun 18-Oct-15 12:52:27

I have one and properly love it. The extra dividers are worth the investment too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now