Why does my oven brown things more on one side than the other?

(2 Posts)
Flingmoo Thu 27-Aug-15 12:11:28

It's an electric fan oven and only about a year and a half old. I think it's done this from the very beginning.

Cakes, savoury, pastry, everything goes brown on the right hand side twice as fast while the left is not even golden yet.

Our fridge is located directly next to the oven on the left, do you think there is any chance this is having an effect on the oven temperature on that side? Ovens get so hot and modern fridge well insulated so I wouldn't have thought it would make any difference...

MoonlightandMusic Thu 27-Aug-15 22:39:45

It might be the fridge but, I know with ours (Neff), if you use the fan, then there's a particular placement required depending on number of items in oven/type of heat being used etc (for e.g. a single tin has to go fairly much bang in the centre of the top shelf (so equidistant both front/back as well as from the sides) but two tins on different shelves have to be offset. Without placing in the 'approved' fashion, then cooking is v.uneven in ours.

Might be worth googling for the particular brand you have to see if placement could be the issue?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now