Talk

Advanced search

What bakeware shall I make millionaire shortbread and cheesecake in

(6 Posts)
fraggle84 Wed 05-Aug-15 10:08:29

Wasn't sure if silicone square trays would work for the millionaire shortbread?

For cheesecake would I need a spring sided cake tin to get it out easily?

Bostonpj Wed 05-Aug-15 10:10:09

I use silicon square trays for both. I'm guessing it's a baked cheesecake, not set? Just make sure its stone cold before trying to remove it.

fraggle84 Wed 05-Aug-15 11:08:00

I've not got a cheesecake recipe yet just sorting out my trays as got a £25 gift card for asda so thought I'd get some new baking bits but wasn't sure!

Do you cut the shortbread before taking it out? That's the next thing I want to make but a bit unsure how it will turn out!

PUGaLUGS Wed 05-Aug-15 11:10:32

I use an 8" square tin for the millionaires shortbread - one with a removable bottom. I cut it on that when I have taken it out of the tin.

For cheesecakes I use a similar tin but round.

Bostonpj Wed 05-Aug-15 19:40:30

This is my favourite cheesecake recipe. Very easy and works every time. You can add what you like, chocolate, fruit etc.

Baked Cheesecake

Ingredients

8 digestive biscuits

50g butter , melted

600g cream cheese

2 tbsp plain flour

175g caster sugar

vanilla extract

2 eggs , plus 1 yolk

142ml pot soured cream

Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Crush the biscuits in a food processor (or put in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin). Mix with the butter. Press into a 20cm springform tin and bake for 5 minutes, then cool.

Beat the cream cheese with the flour, sugar, a few drops of vanilla, eggs, the yolk and soured cream until light and fluffy. Pour into the tin. Bake for 40 minutes and then check, it should be set but slightly wobbly in the centre. Leave in the tin to cool.

You can put a handful of whole raspberries into the base before pouring over the cheese mixture. Mash and sieve a further 200g raspberries and drizzle 2 tbsp over the top, running a knife through any large blobs. Bake as before and serve the rest of the sauce on the side. Top the cheesecake with more fresh raspberries.

Bostonpj Wed 05-Aug-15 19:42:55

For millionaires shortbread I use this recipe below - amazing! Not cheap but absolutely gorgeous. Again, I wait til its cold and slice it up with a sharp knife.

www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/s/salted_macadamia_millionaires_shortbread.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now