Talk

Advanced search

Baking with eggless?

(5 Posts)
holidaysareoverated Mon 03-Aug-15 10:58:10

I tried to make a chocolate fudge cake yesterday using eggless. It came out all crumbly as though it needed something to bind it all together.
It also had an odd taste but that may be the mix I used.

Has anybody had any success baking with eggless? I did cheat and use a cake mix rather than flour, sugar etc as it was cheaper than buying separate ingredients.

holidaysareoverated Mon 03-Aug-15 16:58:35

Bump for evening traffic.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 03-Aug-15 17:04:51

I have a really yummy eggless sponge cake recipe, the cakes are very soft and airy, its a vanilla cupcakes tho.

The batter is of pouring consistency but it tastes amazing. I'll see if I can dig up the recipe.

Noseypoke Mon 03-Aug-15 17:07:51

this is a great eggless cake recipe.

Bunbaker Mon 03-Aug-15 17:08:59

This raspberry chocolate cake is brilliant. I am not vegan, but went vegan for a week. I enjoyed the challenge of making a vegan cake and it turned out much better than I expected.

I didn't use rapeseed oil as I loathe the taste, so I used sunflower oil the first time and light olive oil the second. The olive oil cake tasted far nicer as I find that sunflower oil leaves a nasty metallic taste. Surprisingly, the cake didn't have much of a raspberry taste either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now