Talk

Advanced search

Disposable foils for baking

(7 Posts)
Discopanda Thu 30-Jul-15 22:26:19

I'm contributing to a charity afternoon tea in a couple of months and am thinking about using disposable foil baking trays (like the ones they have in Wilkos) so for easier transit and because I'll be doing traybakes. Does anybody know if I'll need to grease and/or line them first? Will be doing a chocolate tiffin and something sponge-based.

MyCatHasStaff Thu 30-Jul-15 22:43:45

I use them alot. I usually line with greaseproof for cakes, just to be on the safe side, but if I make quiches etc I don't bother.

Discopanda Thu 30-Jul-15 23:00:11

I could probably get away with just lining the bottom and greasing the sides though right? Love baking, hate prepping the tins!

MyCatHasStaff Thu 30-Jul-15 23:26:45

I just lay a strip in the bottom, I don't grease them at all. I like using foil tins for exactly that reason! I don't know how much they are in Wilkos, but Asda do 10 traybake tins for £3.50.

tipp2chicago Fri 31-Jul-15 00:08:04

My local Asian supermarket is an excellent source of foil trays.

4merlyknownasSHD Fri 31-Jul-15 10:51:11

Just remember that pastry is self-greasing and cake is not. I have not used them but I would definitely line the bottom whatever I was cooking, and line the sides if baking a cake. You can always slide a knife down the sides, but you can't get one round the corner to release the bottom if it does stick.

Clutterbugsmum Fri 31-Jul-15 11:57:46

I use cake release when using foil trays for baking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now