Talk

Advanced search

Making chocolate sweets using these moulds

(5 Posts)
etoiledemer Sun 28-Jun-15 10:31:59

I bought these great moulds and want to make chocolate sweets. Is it as easy as melting milk chocolate, adding rasins and nuts and solidifying in the fridge or is there a bit more science to it?

princessvikki Sun 28-Jun-15 12:23:16

No it really is that easy. melted chocolate will set hard again when it's cool so you can add what bits you like and set it in the fridge.

FernGullysWoollyPully Sun 28-Jun-15 12:26:54

Not on subject at all but I made crayons for party bags using these moulds! Went down a treat!

Chocolates are that simple as pp said. Have fun grin

etoiledemer Thu 02-Jul-15 13:59:40

Sorry, I lost this thread somehow but thank you very much for the replies and great idea on the crayon making. Off to Google that now.

beckym8678 Mon 06-Jul-15 16:00:59

I made a lego cake decorated with chocolate bricks/men from exactly those moulds last year, worked brilliantly! Might be a bit problematic if you're adding lumpy bits, as it was a bit of a challenge getting the chocolate into all the corners... Might be worth trying a batch with a thin layer of just chocolate added (and cooled) first, with the nutty/fruity chocolate after? Could even get fancy with different kinds of chocolate then too, dark at the bottom of the mould (I find dark chocolate turns out more 'cleanly') then milk above etc...

Ps the brick ones make cool ice cubes too, though the men tended to lose a head when I last tried....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now