Talk

Advanced search

Shiny new Kitchenaid - inspire me!

(6 Posts)
TwelveLeggedWalk Tue 02-Jun-15 10:19:15

Lucky me has just been bought a KitchenAid for my birthday, so it's time to bring on the baking cake grin.

Top tips for really fun, foolproof tasty recipes that make the most of your KA please!

WishUponAStar88 Tue 02-Jun-15 15:52:31

I love my kitchen aid grin it's fab for anything and everything but I'm always impressed how quickly it whisks up meringues and it's soooo much easier for pastry/ dough for bread. Happy baking!

GrouchyKiwi Tue 02-Jun-15 15:57:57

Yes to bread. Homemade focaccia is so delicious and easy in a KitchenAid. Ditto baguette. I use Paul Hollywood's recipes for both.

I've been craving coffee cake for months so if anyone has a perfect recipe I'll love you long time if you share it here.

SenatusPopulusqueRomanorum Sun 21-Jun-15 17:40:40

All recipes with kneaded doughs are a breeze. I live in France and I haven't bought brioche since I got my Kitchenaid.

It is also great for recipes that start with mixing whole eggs and sugar (such as Nigella's brownies).

If you are feeling adventurous, it makes amazing marshmallows.

UnicornFart Sun 21-Jun-15 17:48:45

I love my KitchenAid! She takes pride of place on the kitchen side. Yes...she!

As pp have said, amazing for breads. When I make cakes, I always make double butter cream & freeze it - KitchenAid handles it without any problems.

I've also tried marshmallows - lots of hassle, but everyone seemed to enjoy them.

I'm desperate for some new attachments now.

Enjoy!

MagicAlwaysLeadsToTrouble Sun 21-Jun-15 17:51:10

I made play doh in mine last week shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now