Talk

Advanced search

Foolproof flapjack recipe please! (or muesli bars)

(11 Posts)
dontevenblink Wed 27-May-15 01:42:56

I have been trying to make flapjack for ages, but every time I do I cannot get them to stick together after cooking, they always seem to crumble, so I end up with something more like muesli confused

I have tried various different recipes but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone please save me with a foolproof recipe? Healthy recipes would be good to add too (as obviously a mass of golden syrup and butter normally isn't, but dh loves them grin), so ones for muesli bars would work too.

MoonlightandMusic Wed 27-May-15 21:35:10

SoupDragon's recipe has never yet failed me...grin

(Just F3 for her name on the thread, think it's her second/third post on it.)

CMOTDibbler Wed 27-May-15 21:37:02

Make Soupdragons recipe. They are lush.

Moln Wed 27-May-15 21:41:10

Soup dragon's without a doubt

have it written out and in my cook book, it is entitled 'Soupdragon's Flapjacks' too

SummerHouse Wed 27-May-15 21:43:10

Ace. I have been looking for same. smile

SummerHouse Wed 27-May-15 21:47:11

Just read it.

<kisses soupdragon on each cheek>

wigeon Wed 27-May-15 21:50:20

Clicked on thread to say Soupdragon's recipe! Also now on my recipe book entitled "Soupdragon's flapjacks"! Make them loads. Probably could remember recipe by heart.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 27-May-15 22:11:33

Ooh yes I use Soupdragons recipe too. Never fails. Gone down a storm at school fetes and parties. Sometimes I melt some chocolate on top and set it in the fridge so it's hard and snappy on top. Lush.

SummerHouse Wed 27-May-15 22:17:02

Snappy choc on top.....

<faints>

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 28-May-15 00:03:41

It's gooood grin

dontevenblink Thu 28-May-15 20:12:22

Ooh just came back on and saw your replies! Thank you, will have a go at these today smile Will let you know how I get on, hopefully I can't mess up soupdragon's recipe...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now