Talk

Advanced search

Help! Mini teacup shaped measuring spoons!

(17 Posts)
NooNooMummy Wed 06-May-15 09:36:24

We smashed something and I CANNOT find a replacement anywhere on the internet!! Help!I

What we're looking for is a v cute little teacup that was part of a set of tiny measuring cups (one measured teaspoon amounts, one was half a tea spoon, one was quarter of a teaspoon etc). I (or rather, my toddler) smashed it while we were staying at a friend of a friend's at the weekend. I'd like to replace the smashed cup or replace it with a new set of these little teacups but, so far, google has failed me!! (The person whose house it was, is away on holiday, so I can't ask them where the cups were from. I'd like to find a replacement before they're back...)

Any of you bakers know where to buy...?

TheSpottedZebra Wed 06-May-15 09:39:40

Anthropologie often have stuff like that.

MarthaCostello Wed 06-May-15 09:40:33

You could try Not on the High Street?

NooNooMummy Wed 06-May-15 09:46:59

Thanks. Have tried both those places. No luck!!

(Who'd have thought its be so hard to find some little teacups! I think this is the first time the Internet has failed me - I absolutely cannot find a mini, ceramic teacup shaped, quarter teaspoon measuring cup ANYWHERE!)

munchkinmaster Wed 06-May-15 09:48:16

Take a photo of the remaining one and reverse google image search

TheSpottedZebra Wed 06-May-15 09:49:44

You're best off just being honest and asking they'd rather you do I think. They might have hated the cups, and want something more functional. Or hey might have loved something about the cups, and the only acceptable replace would be something exactly the same, or in the same colourways, or still tea-themed.

AndWhenYouGetThere Wed 06-May-15 09:51:25

Nigella has some maybe?

www.uniqueandunity.co.uk/nigella-lawsons-living-kitchen.html

thanksamillion Wed 06-May-15 09:53:29

I think that Matalan had some like that at Christmas.

NooNooMummy Wed 06-May-15 09:56:29

yes and yes

I didn't take a photo and I'm wishing now that I had.

And it's not about covering up or anything. I just don't like to break other people's stuff and I'd hate to get back from a holiday and find something precious of mine had been broken.

Am already thinking of buying a mini teapot or some expensive chocolates instead. But im intrigued now that, it seems, there are no mini teacup measures for sale anywhere according to google, amazon, eBay et al! Strange!

Thanks for suggestions, everyone.

NooNooMummy Wed 06-May-15 10:01:55

Nigella's are all too big and Matalan's not coming up with anything. Argh! Am I spelling it wrong or something?!

Right, I'd better go and do some work now...

Metellaestinhortobibit Wed 06-May-15 10:09:33

Was it one of these?
teacup measuring spoon

NooNooMummy Wed 06-May-15 10:24:18

No. Not those. But thank you - they might be a good alternative. If I can figure out where to buy them.

Now I really am going to go and do some work ...

Starfishiecloverhv Sat 20-Jun-15 21:42:21

I know what your talking about. I got son the Christmas before last they were from boots. Not sure where you'd get them from now though sorry

RevealTheHiddenBeach Sat 20-Jun-15 21:53:56

I've seen some of those recently at I think dunelm, if not there then possibly asda living or pound land. In a set of 3. I think they are slightly more common than you would expect! almost definitely dunelm.

Crocky Sat 20-Jun-15 21:54:00

Have a look at the Laura Ashley ceramic measuring cups in Boots .

Smartiepants79 Sat 20-Jun-15 21:55:41

Yep I bought some 2 or 3 years ago from boots for my mum. Never seen them since.

Smartiepants79 Sat 20-Jun-15 21:59:30

These

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now