Talk

Advanced search

Panasonic Bread Maker Owners - help please!

(12 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Tue 03-Feb-15 11:43:56

I have just gone out and purchased the ever favoured Panasonic bread maker!
Live come home, put the ingredients in for a wholemeal seeded loaf following the method the book of words says.
I have set it the programme as it instructed and pressed start after choosing a medium loaf and crust setting etc.

I have hit start and the red light has come on and the 5hr countdown has begun.

But, it's not doing anything at all, no mixing no nothing, is that normal or have I managed to get a duff one?

It's showing that it's on 'rest' and the times has counted down by 15 mins.

Titsalinabumsquash Tue 03-Feb-15 11:51:11

Ok ignore me blush

I've actually read the book now and realise there is a table that says how long each programme is resting,kneading,baking etc for.

I blame my impatience tired,pregnancy brain. grin

TelephoneIgnoringMachine Tue 03-Feb-15 11:52:50

grin

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 03-Feb-15 11:53:10

grin

if you look at the digital display there's a dash under the.part of the process it's at.

enjoy your bread. It makes house smell lovely and I love knowing there's only a few ingredients unlike shop bought.

bobs123 Tue 03-Feb-15 11:53:40

Just tell us out it turns out - love the smell of baking bread!

Titsalinabumsquash Tue 03-Feb-15 12:19:25

Thanks!

I had a cheapy one years and years ago, the bread wasn't bad but I have seen everyone singing the praises of the Panasonic.

I used to make our loaves by hand everyday but my sleep pattern has gone all over the place and made me into a zombie so I slipped back into the habit of buying shop loaves, and while I have nothing against Mr Walberton and co, it really does taste nicer and isn't full of rubbish when you diy.

Plus I can now make my pizza dough in there that I usually make in bulk and freeze for the kids pizza dinners (mainly so I feel less guilty then I do when I hit up Dominoes)

I might teach my older 2 to use it for a basic loaf, then they can put it in before bed, they like to feel helpful smile

Titsalinabumsquash Tue 03-Feb-15 13:41:20

Omg, how adorable is the little seed/nut trapdoor?! grinblush

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 03-Feb-15 13:44:22

grin

I know I love it.

makes lovely jam too

Titsalinabumsquash Tue 03-Feb-15 16:17:54

Hmm, it tastes good, gas a great texture but has sunk one side sad

Is it because I lifted the lid for a peak during rising?

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 03-Feb-15 16:31:50

wholemeal flour can be tricky.

We used to use allinsons or hovis but they always produced a brick.

We now use aldi or an own brand with more success.

bread does sometimes rise or bake a bit unevenly so don't worry.

sebsmummy1 Tue 03-Feb-15 16:35:03

The overnight setting seems to bake the best looking loaves but I quite like the quick bake option so love with a bit of unevenness in my life grin

sebsmummy1 Tue 03-Feb-15 16:35:24

*live

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: