Talk

Advanced search

Help for my Christmas day pud please!

(8 Posts)
Ladyofthehouse Mon 22-Dec-14 10:38:45

I'm in charge of puddings for Christmas day at my sisters house. I've planned to make this www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chocolate-orange-cranberry-red-velvet-bombe

However, I've mistakenly ordered individual sized hemisphere tins - they've just arrived and they're tiny!!

Can I use anything else - I have normal cake tins or pudding basins? Or should I try and make about 8 mini puddings??

Ahhhhh!! I'm such an idiot!!

Chewbecca Mon 22-Dec-14 11:04:29

Goodness that looks fabulous.

Do you not have any baking shops in any nearby towns you can ring round to see if they have the right shape tin? (& return the wrong tins)

If not I think,sadly, you'll have to go for an alternative recipe.

Chewbecca Mon 22-Dec-14 11:07:28

Could order from amazon & pay extra for next day delivery?

Ladyofthehouse Mon 22-Dec-14 11:28:55

Unfortunately on Amazon they only sell them through Lakeland so no next day delivery option!

I can't believe I ordered the wrong ones!

Furball Mon 22-Dec-14 11:32:21

I would use pudding basins?

Could you do dummy run with quicko normal sponge? to see if the shape is right? - yes I know it's a waste, though I'm sure the kids would eat it. put abit of custard on and instant 'normal day' pudding!

Ladyofthehouse Mon 22-Dec-14 11:39:04

Ooh that's a good idea! Can a pudding basin go in the oven?

I've also set DH the challenge of popping out in his lunch hour to see what he can find!!

I thought I was so organised as well!!

Furball Mon 22-Dec-14 13:56:04

Good question - Mine is stoneware and I would have no second thoughts in cooking with it in the oven. (I haven't)

If you are worried quickly pop to Tesco and get a pyrex one?

Ladyofthehouse Mon 22-Dec-14 15:12:00

Great idea! Thanks! Knew I should have just premade a christmas pudding!! Serves me right for trying to be fancy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now