Talk

Advanced search

Kenwood Kmix vs Kitchenaid

(12 Posts)
Professormoriarty Fri 28-Nov-14 13:27:50

I know this thread has probably been done before but I was wondering what mn thought about these two mixers. I've wanted a Kitchen aid forever and am slowly saving up, but have spotted a black friday deal for the kmix with nearly £200 off. Will I regret not waiting for the kitchen aid or in terms of functionality is there not much in it?
I'm mainly a cake and meringue baker (very amateurish but enthusiastic) although am branching out into breads.
Thoughts? Tia flowers

Professormoriarty Fri 28-Nov-14 16:49:07

Bumping in case anyone can help?

CalicoBlue Sat 29-Nov-14 21:30:33

I bought the Kmix as I thought the Kitchen Aid too expensive.

I have been delighted with the Kmix. It is brilliant for cakes, bread and meringue. I use it all the time.

bananapickle84 Sat 29-Nov-14 21:36:30

I second the KMix. I was like you and always wanted the Kitchenaid but could never afford it.
Also I heard that the controls on the Kitchenaid were actually difficult to use.
I've had my KMix for a year and love using it, it's so easy and can have loads of attachments.

Moogdroog Tue 02-Dec-14 17:07:15

My Kmix is arriving tomorrow!!! Almost excited enough to wee grin

I did have my heart set on a KA, but the Kmix for 200 quid with a 5 year guarantee was much more within my reach we'll, within reach (ish) of me preemptively spending my Christmas money

How much is the amazon deal OP? worries that I might have caved too soon

Professormoriarty Tue 02-Dec-14 18:12:08

I got it from John Lewis in the end (the kmix I mean) for 199. It's arrived today so super excited! Will Let you know how I find it.

Moogdroog Tue 02-Dec-14 20:55:06

Ooh, what colour did you go for?

I ordered 2 from JL - a £169 purple one with a 2 year warranty, which I cancelled because the red, which I really wanted came on the next day.

Professormoriarty Wed 03-Dec-14 01:30:38

I got the multicoloured one. Set it up last night and it's fab. Really easy to change the attachments and seems user friendly. Going to attempt a cheesecake either tonight or tomorrow. Very excited by it (I pre-emptively spent my Christmas money too!)

Moogdroog Wed 03-Dec-14 16:15:29

Ooh I did like the multi coloured one but decided against it as DH has a habit of breaking things (yet another precious thing dropped just this morning). I feared for the glass bowl and figured stainless steel might last longer.

So, mine arrived this morning! grin So far I've made bread and chocolate peanut butter cookies. Need to plan what to make next. And buy some eggs!

Pleased so far but the cookie mix needed a lot of scraping down. Wondering if the flexi beater might have been a better choice.

Professormoriarty Wed 03-Dec-14 17:13:01

Oh you have been busy! I seem to have a random extra attachment- not sure what it is. I have the k beater, the dough hook, the whisk and then a sort of distorted square- any ideas? I'm going to have a play tomorrow. Enjoy the cookies!

Moogdroog Wed 03-Dec-14 22:23:16

Could it be the flexi beater maybe? It's got a sort of squidgy windscreen wiper around the outside.

I can see me getting fatter. Or passing on cakes and baked goodies to all and sundry.

Professormoriarty Thu 04-Dec-14 12:20:46

That could be it, it doesn't say anything about it in my instruction book! I've made a vanilla cheesecake today and was pleased with the mixer as it cut the prep time massively! My dh was already complaining about his 'cake tummy' before I got this. I'm sure we will all end up with a cake tummy if it's as easy as this to make cakes! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now