Advanced search

What is this icing?

(5 Posts)

The answer to this may be so obvious, so apologies in advance.
When I was small and mum used to bake Christmas or christening cakes, she'd do that swirly icing round the bottom, where the cake meets the board. Then it would set and go crunchy.

What kind of icing is that?

MissLivvy Sat 15-Nov-14 19:36:47

Royal icing is my guess

CalpolOnToast Sat 15-Nov-14 19:36:50

Royal icing

FamiliesShareGerms Sat 15-Nov-14 19:38:20

Yup - royal icing. My mum makes the best royal icing - you think you might break a tooth on a slice of her Xmas cake smile

We that was simple!

Thank you very much thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now