Talk

Advanced search

Kitchenaid problem.

(3 Posts)
MuffinMad Wed 17-Sep-14 10:00:23

I have an artisan kitchenaid. I think it's just over a year old now.
There is a steel bar at the back,just near the joint.
After some use, and I must admit it gets used a fair bit for bread making mostly,the steel bar starts to work its way out!
I phoned kitchenaid and they said just to hammer it back in and all will be well. I have 'hammered it back in' about 6 times now.

Has anyone else had the same problem? If so, what did you do about it?

I just think that for the price you pay for these machines,this shouldn't be happening.
Thanks in advance.

crossandcrosser Wed 17-Sep-14 10:02:51

I haven't had that problem but my KA seems a bit 'loose' and someone told me you can have them serviced. Might be worth a go?

cakeyS8rah Sat 06-Dec-14 15:04:32

Hi, my experience with KitchenAid was very different. Mine got really noisy so I rang their service dept and was really surprised when she only needed serial number on the bottom to know when it was purchased, she arranged for it to be collected, serviced and returned FOC. This was with no receipt as it was a gift. I had to wrap & box it but otherwise very easy.
I would suggest ringing again, hopefully you'll get someone more helpful but if not get firm about them fixing it because its under warranty for 5 years I think she told me. Don't let them fob you off!
Good luck
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now