Talk

Advanced search

Gluten free celebration cake.

(8 Posts)
nannycook Mon 03-Mar-14 16:32:37

Quick question, I've only ever made Gf cupcakes before, this time I've been asked to make a 10 inch birthday cake, with the cupcakes I remember it said the creaming method and I normally make it all in one, does it matter because its GF ? Does it have to be the creaming method? I don't want to mess it up as the flour is expensive enough as it is.

ParsleyTheLioness Tue 04-Mar-14 08:00:46

I don't know the answer to this, but will ask my friend who is gluten intolerant This will also give you a little bumpy anyhoo.

nannycook Tue 04-Mar-14 09:00:37

Thanks parsley, I make loads of cakes but always with s/r flour.

ParsleyTheLioness Tue 04-Mar-14 13:13:57

I have sent her a FB link.

nannycook Wed 05-Mar-14 07:47:18

Parsley, I made as a trial yesterday using he all in one method, beat it for 2 mins as I do all my cakes, it didn't rise as much as the normal self raising, we did taste it and its absolutely fine.

ParsleyTheLioness Wed 05-Mar-14 08:00:38

Oh good! Just sent her a text before I saw this, as she may have been doing RL stuff.

CMOTDibbler Wed 05-Mar-14 08:02:37

It doesn't make much difference, but I do think creaming makes a better rise, and as gf cakes don't rise as much it does help.
I add a little extra baking powder and a teaspoon full of glycerine per 2 eggs - the glycerine keeps the cake really moist

nannycook Wed 05-Mar-14 13:00:28

Thanks both, the trial run cake I made yesterday was for a 10inch so I used a 4 egg mix, your right it doesn't rise as much, but I took it into work and they all said how fab it was, lasted all of 2 hrs. So will do thats again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: