Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Covering bat biscuits in chocolate

(9 Posts)
hugoagogo Wed 17-Oct-12 14:45:11

I am the designated haloween biscuit baker. hmm

I've had a try out today, but spreading the melted chocolate on the biscuits has not worked as well as I hoped. The chocolate is quite thick and lumpy and I have ended up using loads of it too. The dc will no doubt scoff them happily, but they don't look that good.

What is the secret of a smooth thin layer? Do I need one of those little pallet knives with a kink in?

ByTheWay1 Wed 17-Oct-12 14:53:34

OMG - I totally misread the thread title and wondered why on earth someone would want to cover CAT biscuits in chocolate - now I can't stop giggling and am going to be all blotchy and red faced when I do the school run...
LOL grin blush

I melt my choc in the microwave and it seems to flow nicely - Dairy milk is better than Galaxy if that makes a difference.. I put a blob in the middle of the biccy and shake it to the edges..

hugoagogo Wed 17-Oct-12 15:01:26

envy chocolate covered cat biscuits grin

nannycook Wed 17-Oct-12 21:30:38

Hugo, why is your chocolate lumpy? do you melt it in a dish over hot water? should be nice and smooth, also you could always just dip the biccies in the chocolate, that works for me when i've made eclairs.

imperialstateknickers Wed 17-Oct-12 21:33:04

Nothing helpful to say except that I too misread it as cat-biscuits and came on all ready to have a rant about chocolate being EXTREMELY bad for animals. blush

hugoagogo Thu 18-Oct-12 16:36:06

The choc is fine before I smear it on the biscuit, I'm just cack handed when it comes to spreading it.

I have got myself a little spatula, so I can practice.

nannycook Thu 18-Oct-12 22:29:18

Hugo, yep i always found before i dipped things into chocolate, that trying to actually spread chocolate on anything was a big no no, unless its on a cake i guess.

stealthsquiggle Thu 18-Oct-12 22:32:45

Dip them, then let excess chocolate (strange concept) run off the point of a wing before putting them to cool.

WinklyFriedChicken Thu 18-Oct-12 22:45:24

You could add a teeny bit of cream to the chocolate to give it more of a shine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now