Talk

Advanced search

Cake Pops!!

(13 Posts)
triplets Sun 14-Oct-12 23:01:19

Seems to be all the rage, has anyone made them? Lakeland are selling a cake pop maker, again has anyone bought one, are they worth it?
Cakes seems fun, endless decorating opportunities!

I would like to make them, but is there any way of making them without mushing up already baked cake? Can you get moulds so the cake is fresh iyswim?

triplets Sun 14-Oct-12 23:24:50

yes, the lakeland machine looks brill, they have a video you can watch. Make a cake mix and bake in 4 mins!
I didn`t fancy squidging up cake with melted chocolate myself!

Oh that sounds good. I might ask for one from santa so I can make them for DDs birthday in feb grin

VikingVagineGhoulnamStyle Mon 15-Oct-12 06:12:41

Cake pops without a machine are vile! Mushed up left over cake mixed with buttercream, blurgh!

aliciaflorrick Mon 15-Oct-12 06:18:12

The machine is great and so easy. Perfectly round balls that the DCs decorate.

Rockchick1984 Mon 22-Oct-12 12:31:21

Tesco gift guide has a cake pop maker for £10, I'm tempted as even if I only use it a few times it can't be bad at that price can it? Although I love them normally as well - cake and buttercream is a winner for me (particularly coated in pink chocolate and glitter - yummy!)

pookamoo Mon 22-Oct-12 12:34:21

I like the ones with buttercream and mashed up cake. The cake is fresh - you just bake it, let it cool, whizz in the blender, and mix with the buttercream. Surely a "cakepop maker" is just making a little ball of cake - which isn't quite the same as the original idea of cakepops... another gadget to go in the back of the cupboard with the smoothie maker?

CMOTDibbler Mon 22-Oct-12 12:36:54

I've got the Lakeland machine, and the little cake balls are fab

MikeLitorisBites Mon 22-Oct-12 18:43:34

I love my cake pop machine. I have the Lakeland one

It gets used a few times a month.

Definitely worth the money

mamababa Mon 22-Oct-12 18:45:11

I have a cake pop mould a silicone one from the kitchen craft sweetly does it range. Dead easy! It cost me £8 smile

LalaDipsey Tue 23-Oct-12 11:25:54

I saw cakepop trays being demo'd in JL and they looked fab. Am now trying to decide between those and the Lakeland machine for my birthday wishlist!
Has anyone used the JL ones?

Taffraid Thu 25-Oct-12 18:28:52

I BUY Sainsbo's basics madeira slice and whizz that in processor with buttercream.

No way am I making it to mash it up. In fact, no way am I making it when all the time is taken faffing about with candy melts and cutesy decorating.

I love cake making, but cake pops aren't cakes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now