Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

recipie conversions?

(7 Posts)
advisemewisely Fri 12-Oct-12 20:20:07

www.sunnysideupsd.com/2011/09/pull-apart-cinnamon-sugar-pumpkin-bread/

anyone any good at converting american measurements into uk ones?
thanks,

nextphase Fri 12-Oct-12 21:10:56

you need something like this tho I've never used that particular one.
You will need to covert every ingredient separately - one cup of flour doesn't weigh the same as one cup of sugar.
Or buy a set of measuring cups
It makes cooking with the kids much less stressful, as they can readily help

Twinkleinmyeye Fri 12-Oct-12 21:11:47

Oh my woolly word! The cinnamon! The pumpkin! The RUM!! That looks awesome.

I think the easiest thing is to just buy yourself a set of measuring cups - my parents brought me back a set from a visit to the states but you could also get something like these

Twinkleinmyeye Fri 12-Oct-12 21:19:04

Do you reckon you can use butternut squash? As I understand it, the pumpkins in the shops for Halloween in the UK are really ornamental and taste a bit insipid. I've used butternut for pumpkin pie so I imagine it'd be OK...

advisemewisely Fri 12-Oct-12 21:48:37

i have measuring cups, lakeland ones. do you really just use the cup? no weighing?
TWINKLE I bought some tinned pumpkin off of amazon!

Twinkleinmyeye Fri 12-Oct-12 21:53:13

UK measuring cups are slightly different sizes from US ones... Don't know if it would make that much difference though. I'm not a really experienced baker!

Tinned pumpkin - even better!!

bacon Sat 13-Oct-12 15:03:01

I regulary convert US cups with this chart:www.traditionaloven.com/conversions_of_measures/honey_measurements.html or just convert them on google.
No need to bother with buying cups this works perfectly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now