Talk

Advanced search

my friend has asked me to make her ds a batman bday cake

(6 Posts)
mumineedapooooo Fri 12-Oct-12 09:48:40

i put a thread in arts and crafts,didnt realise this topic was here

first attempt picture is on my profile,she doesnt want it for another 2 weeks so was just practicing to make sure i can do it

the icing has sagged inbetween the three layers of sponge whats inside making it look rippled on the outside iykwim.does anyone know how i can stop this happening?did i roll the icing too thin?

Oblomov Fri 12-Oct-12 10:48:36

I love it. I love the big yellow bat symbol , as if up in the sky. And i love the buildings round the side with the lights on.
Have yuo shown it to her? If she wanted any minor change: it might be the best idea to just show her and ask her if she wants to make any minor changes.
Well done!!

mumineedapooooo Fri 12-Oct-12 10:54:46

shes coming round later to see it,ive left the writing off so she can decide what she wants on there,not that theres alot of room to put much

DontCallMeBaby Fri 12-Oct-12 20:26:41

That's ace, love it. Re the sagging, thicker icing might help, or a layer of marzipan (blech though, horrid stuff), or even buttercream to even the layers out.

nannycook Fri 12-Oct-12 21:06:35

Hi mum, i've had that too, i think it was because i rolled the icing too thin.
Your cakes very good though!

mumineedapooooo Sat 13-Oct-12 10:31:49

dontcallmebaby i hate marzipan too,was just thinking of putting buttercream in one layer and jam in the other and buttercream around edge before slightly thicker icing.dont know wether that would be too much though.
she came round yesterday to see it and loved it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now