Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend an oven for baking

(2 Posts)
IWishIWasAFrog Tue 09-Oct-12 01:05:26

Kitchen being ripped out and replaced in 3 weeks' time- eek!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend an oven that is good for baking? If I win the lottery, a Kitchen aid oven it will be! But, while I'm fairly poor, I would really appreciate a recommendation! I had a look at the Neff ovens a la Great British Bakeoff, but apparently their thermostats are terrible with a 15 deg variation to be expected as per manufacturer...

At the moment I have a gas oven which I LOATHE.

Thanks.

EugenesAxe Tue 09-Oct-12 07:25:33

I have a Neff and can relate to the thermostat thing. For long cake bakes (e.g. 10" deep tins) I often have to cook for much longer or at a slightly higher temp. Generally though it produces nice results and whenever I've gone into kitchens recently it seems de rigeur to have a Neff. The fan element went on ours recently- easily replaced on eSpares and fitted by DH (although I could have done it - he just gravitated towards the task as he's wont to do).

We had a SMEG in our old house - element seemed to go often. Not sure it would be worth the price tag. If Miele do ovens they are a trusted brand for most electrics. Try John Lewis for reviews - their customers seem good at it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now