Talk

Advanced search

Abney and Teal cake...can anyone help?

(9 Posts)
TheTermagantToaster Fri 28-Sep-12 20:41:20

I'd like to make my DS an Abney and Teal cake ( pics of main characters all here ).

Two ideas I had so far - make three cakes of different sizes and turn them into individual Poc pocs (the small wood-effect inverted commas), or to do a single cake covered in white royal icing, and then do all the characters on top. I'd be grateful for any ideas on how I might go about realising either of these ideas!

Knittingnovice Fri 28-Sep-12 20:47:59

neep cake

I did this for dd's birthday, a round sponge, a square sponge and purple and cream butt cream. She loved it

notcitrus Fri 28-Sep-12 21:28:53

Easy option - look online for icing cake toppers. If the companies don't have A&T yet, some of them let you email a picture which they print onto the icing in edible ink.

Ds was delighted with the Octonauts on his cake!

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 28-Sep-12 21:35:20

depending on how you are with icing..
you could print off great pictures of the characters and put them on lolly sticks and do a set design in the top of your cake..
could print off trees and stuff for the back ground.

when do you need it for??

TheTermagantToaster Fri 28-Sep-12 22:57:38

Oh lovely smile. Very cute, I bet she loved it!

TheTermagantToaster Fri 28-Sep-12 22:59:42

I've got a month, Never.

flyingma Tue 02-Oct-12 15:55:40

Ooo not been here in ages just happened to be Googling the visibility of my Google+ album to see if my stuff appeared when I chanced across this thread.

I did the characters in fondant for cake toppers but it took ages. I started in Nov for a mid-Jan birthday LOL. Let me know if you can't see the album as I am really struggling to come to grips with how Google+ works.

https://plus.google.com/photos/102922590898096691250/albums/5699501555667036801

If you have come from the A&T club, I apologise if you have seen these photos from the link on the forum. If you have not already looked in the forum, there is another picture of a Neep cake there as well if you, like me, prefer to work with fondant rather than covering icing.

TheTermagantToaster Tue 02-Oct-12 22:48:43

Thanks for sharing, flyingma - your cake looks awesome! (is the ItNG cake yours too?)

I didn't even know there was such a thing as an A&T club/forum!

flyingma Wed 03-Oct-12 12:36:48

The link for the characters you posted above are from the club site so I assumed you knew. Just follow the links on the page for the forum. I only know about the club coz DS was mad for A&T when it first came out and there was a vacumm in the market for where they had not yet merchandised.

The ITNG cake was part of the same one... I just left Neep, Bop and the Poc-Pocs at home so they did not make it to the actual big birthday cake. So the full A&T cast were assembled at home around a CostCo muffin for a photo op smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now