Talk

Advanced search

Aurora

(31 Posts)
jc75 Fri 06-Nov-09 21:49:27

just named by name baby daughter Aurora - she was born at dawn , my friends and his family love it , but mine dont, i dont want to fall out but family are unhappy and want me to change it . any advice??

MrsKitty Fri 06-Nov-09 21:56:14

Your baby, your choice of name.

Do you love the name too?

Family will just have to get over themselves.

(I like it BTW)

NowtonTelly Fri 06-Nov-09 21:58:11

Lovely name. Why on earth do your family think they have a right to name your child? tell them to butt out.

Tinkerisdead Fri 06-Nov-09 22:00:40

I love it, princess aurora was the name of sleeping beauty. Love it. Your baby, your choice, they had their babies to name. Ignore them!

diddl Fri 06-Nov-09 22:04:06

If you & husband love it, please don´t change.

bigstripeytiger Fri 06-Nov-09 22:04:14

Its a lovely name. smile

airborne Fri 06-Nov-09 22:17:48

As long as you are 100% sure then don't change it. Have they given their reasons for not liking it? Were they expecting a family name to continue, or do they think its a bit 'crazy'.

katnkittens Fri 06-Nov-09 23:37:39

It's lovely and I'm sure your family will love it as they begin to associate it more with your dd.

Stick to your guns.

jc75 Sat 07-Nov-09 00:00:52

thanks for all the great comments, MIL is very supprtive , family think it is a bit celebrity !

hester Sat 07-Nov-09 00:06:28

It's a lovely name. Are there any celebrities called Aurora?

Stick to your guns - they'll learn to love it because they'll love her.

confuseddoiordonti Sat 07-Nov-09 00:09:16

Beautiful! Stick to your guns with the family, they'll come round

lowrib Sat 07-Nov-09 00:34:50

lovely name, tell them to bog off smile

Tryingtobeorganisedthisyear Sat 07-Nov-09 06:57:51

Congratulations!

Stick with it - they'll get used to it...

And she's your daughter so tough smile

Bumperlicioso Sat 07-Nov-09 07:58:31

Love it! It was on my list but DH said no. How can your family be unhappy about it, it's none of their business what you call your child. Not worth falling out over, just ignore them.

PuppyMonkey Sat 07-Nov-09 08:08:30

It's not my choice tbh, but I absolutely defend your right not to have to change it cos of your family. Stick with it and in a week or two, they won't even bat an eyelid about it. I had a similar thing with my dd2 where some members of my family would hmm and hmm every time I said it. But now they are used to it!

Bondwife Sat 07-Nov-09 10:26:16

I love this name and it has been at the top of our list for years - then hubby went off it until he found that it is quite often shortened to rory - see if that works for them?

Disenchanted3 Sat 07-Nov-09 10:30:52

My DD is Aurora too, she was born at 6:20 am grin

that was a coincidence though, her name was already chosen

Disenchanted3 Sat 07-Nov-09 10:31:35

PS my family were not keen either, but mybby, y choice.

We call her Rorie alot too

persephoneplum Sat 07-Nov-09 10:34:36

Why one earth are they saying anything AT ALL about the name of an already named baby? I think that is the very height of rudeness, and bad manners. GRRRRR.

Pay no attention. Aurora is a lovely name (would they have been happier with Kaydynce?). This is the last thing you need after having a baby and they should butt out.

Ummm, why is Aurora 'celebrity'? I don't get it.

TsarChasm Sat 07-Nov-09 10:36:46

Oh I think it's very pretty smile.

Our surname has too many R's in it and its hard to say with Aurora, otherwise it would've been on my list for sure.

I am shock and sad that a family joyfully welcoming a beautiful new baby and presumably supporting a new mum, feel the need to sour this special time with such unwarranted and unasked for opinions.

Ignore them. But I'm cross on your behalf that at a time when a new mum feels sensitive you are being badgered to change an already lovely name hmm

boodleboot Sat 07-Nov-09 10:51:39

Congratulations and welcome to the world baby Aurora.....xx

{give your family the biscuit face....}

diddl Sat 07-Nov-09 12:01:33

Forgot to say it is a lovely name!

My mum didn´t like the name I we chose for our son.

We didn´t tell anyone until he was born.

Tbh I was shock and sad-I wasn´t after an opinion, I was telling her what her grandson was called!

And it was the only name we both liked hell would have frozen over before we´d changed it!

randomimposter Sat 07-Nov-09 12:08:26

it's lovely and has real significance.

give them 2 words... sex and travel. YOUR baby, YOUR choice.

grin

Disenchanted3 Sat 07-Nov-09 21:13:23

lol @ sex and travel.

mrmump Sat 07-Nov-09 21:28:12

They could always call her Briar Rose... get it??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now