Talk

Advanced search

May?

(10 Posts)
Cortina Wed 28-Oct-09 13:10:17

Know there are lots of 'Maes' etc as a middle name but what about May as a first name?

Does anyone know any?

tothesea Wed 28-Oct-09 13:14:20

I only know one May, she is lovely and it is also a name I considered if had a girl so I am obviously biased! but I think it is a lovely name.

Jamieandhismagictorch Wed 28-Oct-09 15:34:23

Nice name

bellissima Wed 28-Oct-09 18:16:02

It is a lovely name - and hardly ever used as a first name (don't know why). It was the name of one of my grandmother's sisters, who died in infancy - but please don't let that sad thought put you off as she was always remembered as being delightful!

frakula Wed 28-Oct-09 18:23:10

I like it - it was my great-granny's name (I think, or maybe great-great-granny).

pania Wed 28-Oct-09 18:42:08

I've only met one May and she'd be about 85 now. I think it's a really pretty name, if you spell it May and not Mae, which reminds me of Mae West.

owlandpussycat Wed 28-Oct-09 18:44:42

I was at school with a May , whose birthday was December. Nice, under-used but recognisable name.

Also in same class was June, whose birthday WAS June.

stayinbed Wed 28-Oct-09 19:18:52

Mia as a lot prettier than May.
may sounds like an unfinished sentence - may...i, may...we...?

stakethroughtheheartofgold Wed 28-Oct-09 19:26:47

i think as a first name it suffers as one of those meh names, like anne or jane, nothing wrong with it, but not particularly strong.

DorotheaPlentighoul Wed 28-Oct-09 19:32:56

I love Mae West! [protofeminist emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now