Tariq (Tareek)
Ibrahim (Ibraheem)
Kaseem
Zakariah (Zak-ah-ree-ah)

blametheparents Mon 26-Oct-09 21:53:41

Kaseem and Zakariah are both lovely

I also like Khalid and Imran

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Mon 26-Oct-09 21:58:30

I really like Tariq, probably because the last one I taught was gorgeous!

ElvesAnonymous Mon 26-Oct-09 22:03:13

Thanks for your replies I like Imran too BTP, it's even nice shortened to the ever-popular Immy!

BrigitDeathEaters Mon 26-Oct-09 22:05:21

Isaaq is lovely too

Merle Mon 26-Oct-09 22:08:51

Yousaf, Tahir, Imran, Khalil, Shezad, Sajid.

sweetnitanitro Mon 26-Oct-09 22:09:49

I like all the ones you've listed, I think Ibrahim is my favourite.

SCARYspicemonster Mon 26-Oct-09 22:11:30

I love Tariq but I used to work with one who was a wonderful man. Of your list I also really like Kaseem and Zakariah

natsmum100 Tue 27-Oct-09 06:27:32

Jilani - I love that name.

seeker Tue 27-Oct-09 06:44:40

I think they all sound lovely. If part of your thinking is how non-Arabic speakers will manage them, I suppose Tariq and Ibrahim are slightly easier, and Zakariah ia usually pronounced 'i-ah" rather than "ee-ah' by English speakers.

Imran is a good name too

CarmenSanDiego Tue 27-Oct-09 06:48:29

I was at university with a Khamis. I thought that was a lovely name

littleducks Tue 27-Oct-09 07:16:35

I have a Kaasim, we spelt it that way to make it simpler than Qasim, thinkig everyone would get that it was pronounced car-sim but i do still get a lot of k-seeeem for him

tbh i think i have given up and decided that whatever you choose suddenly a year later you will meet lots of people who stumble over it (I also have an Aliyah who gets called E-lie-yah)

Merle Tue 27-Oct-09 07:24:23

I like Ibrahim very much. I am not the least bit religious but I find it a very optimistic name; the Abraham/Ibrahim connection.

How is it that you are choosing the name yourself, everyone I know who is Muslim has had their name chosen by a grandparent?

birdofthenorth Tue 27-Oct-09 17:36:20

Nice choices, esp Kaseem.

I also like

Najam
Shamik
Sadiq
Salim

Firawla Tue 27-Oct-09 17:41:01

merle alot of people get to chose their own baby names, its not compulsory for grandparents to pick or anything

I like Ibrahim and Zakaria although both of those are quite popular at the moment, v nice though

bamfusina Tue 27-Oct-09 21:23:38

Ilyas - I'm not even Muslim and would use it if my husband would let me get away with it.
Love Zakariya too.

Merle Wed 28-Oct-09 10:21:01

Ilyas is lovely. Abid is nice. Shabbir is good. There are loads. I'm warming to the idea of using them myself - no babies to name, unfortunately smile

Jamieandhismagictorch Wed 28-Oct-09 11:37:43

I like Tariq and Zakariah best

Also, Tayab, Layth

QueenOfHearts22 Tue 03-Nov-09 15:45:52

Ali is a gorgeous name for a boy - also love Hamdan (Dan or Danny for a cute nickname), Zayed, Noah (which I believe is an Islamic name as well as a Christian one right?), Fazaa...so many cute names, now I just need to have a baby lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now