Talk

Advanced search

really cant decide on middle names, help needed please !!!

(17 Posts)
lovelybubbly Mon 26-Oct-09 16:00:07

ok so, to start off, it's been really difficult for me to decide on first names lol, let alone middle names.

i'm 26wks pregnant atm & i'm apparently having a little girl this time round. i already have a boy, his name is taylor lee, so wanted names sort of along the same lines as that. not too fussy, or strange, but want something very modern.

for first names i have decided to go with teighan if its a girl or warwick, if the doc was wrong & it turns out to be a boy (never can be to careful).

now i really can't decide on middle names to go with either, so help need everyone, the only middle name i have atm is teighan mia, or is mia a little too common atm. what does everyone think & can anyone enlighten me. x

leedslassy Mon 26-Oct-09 16:09:02

erm - just my thought (and I apologise if I'm not very modern but here goes!):

Teighan Leigh?
Teighan Lea/Leah (pronounced Lee-a)
Teighan May
Teighan Poppy
Teighan Rose
Teighan Sky
Teighan Electra (sorry had to throw that is as there is a girl at DD1 school with that as a first name!)

Sorry i'm not much help and its been a while since I had to think of baby names and I'm more traditional with my choices. Maybe some other people are more "with it" and will help you more x

addictedtosuckingblood Mon 26-Oct-09 16:14:49

i like Teighan May

how about Ray or something rteally diffrent like Teighan Jane

lovelybubbly Mon 26-Oct-09 16:20:18

teighan sky i quite like & i absolutely love electra, may have to steal that as a first name.

leigh is too much like my sons middle name which is lee. jane, poppy & may are a bit too traditional 4 me. but thanks so much 4 sky & electra, i think these are fab.

LilyBolero Mon 26-Oct-09 16:21:11

Tieghan Anne
Tieghan Alice
Teighan Jane

TheDevilEatsBabies Mon 26-Oct-09 16:21:51

ooh, i love Teighan, that's a beautiful name

leedslassy's suggestion Teighan Rose is nice.

sounds quite classy.

cece Mon 26-Oct-09 16:22:57

Is that how Teighan is spelt?? Never seen it written down before but always assumed it was Teagan?!

lovelybubbly Mon 26-Oct-09 16:24:49

it is usually spelt teagan or tegan, but thought i'd add a little bit of my own take on it.

leedslassy Mon 26-Oct-09 16:26:33

just trying to go through DD's school as there are some fantastic ones - erm let me see

Dolly
Caira
Blossom
Petula
Summer
Autumn
(yes I'm not making these up - the kids really do exist)
Also how about
India
Fawn
Willow
Harmony?

I think there is a website somewhere if you search under "unusual girls names" it brings them up. Happy hunting

cece Mon 26-Oct-09 17:36:42

Oh I see hmm. Not sure I like 'unusual' spellings myself but each to their own. smile

I always use family names as middle names, have you got anything suitable in your family?

sweetkitty Mon 26-Oct-09 17:43:49

I prefer Teagan to Teighan sorry, as someone who has spent their life spelling out their first name and still getting it spelt wrong on cards and letters I hate alternative spellings.

Anyway I digress

Willow
Grace
Merle
Hope
Rose
Eve
Ella

TheDevilEatsBabies Tue 27-Oct-09 13:35:19

from www.manchesterirish.com/features/irishnames/2008_09_01_archive.html

Tadhg / Teagan

Gaelic male name derived from the names Teague and Tadhg - all Gaelic forms of Timothy. Meaning attractive, wise poet, philosopher, king. Alternative spellings Teaghan, Teighan, Tegan.

This was also the name of an 11th-century king of Connacht. Tadhg is most common in south-west Ireland, particularly in County Cork and County Kerry. The name has enjoyed a surge in popularity recently, becoming the 64th most common name for baby boys in 2006 according to the Central Statistics Office in Ireland.

TheDevilEatsBabies Tue 27-Oct-09 13:36:11

and from www.bounty.com/baby-names/names-beginning-with/t?sort=asc&order=Meaning

Teighan girl Welsh A spelling variant of the name tgan, meaning 'white' and 'pretty'.more...

Vivia Tue 27-Oct-09 16:04:40

Please don't call your LO Teighan, it's just hideous.

DiamondHead Tue 27-Oct-09 16:10:06

I think it's rude to say someone's choice of first name is hideous. The thread asks for middle name suggestions, not opinions. You wouldn't say that about anyone's name choice in real life. It's patronising to assume your tastes are superior.

Vivia Tue 27-Oct-09 23:09:17

Apologies. I misread and thought it was opinions on name ideas, not a definite name choice. I should not have used a patronizine tone. I thought it was hypothetical. Sorry, OP.

bigstripeytiger Sat 31-Oct-09 15:24:10

I have seen it spelt Teigan too, if that helps.

I think that middle names like Rose, Elizabeth, Jane would go well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now