Talk

Advanced search

I really want this name...but

(17 Posts)
voulezvou Mon 26-Oct-09 11:52:26

I have always called my sister Peaches (affection nickname), long before Peaches Geldoff was on the scene. Anyway I want to name DD after her and I don't like her real name - sorry mum - but love Peaches as a name.

I know people say, call your kids what you want a stuff everyone else but what will people think of me? Will they think I'm trying to copy celebs - which I am not. What would you think if someone said their DD was called Peaches?

PuppyMonkey Mon 26-Oct-09 11:55:10

I would think they'd copied Peaches Geldoff, I'm afraid!

lolianja Mon 26-Oct-09 11:56:04

In all honesty, I'd think (well, suspect) it was a homage to Peaches Geldof.

How about Peach? It's not my cup of tea but I knew a very beautiful Peach and I don't recall her being teased much. It also sounds (to me) more name-like than Peaches and a little less silly.

voulezvou Mon 26-Oct-09 12:05:06

sad, but not surprised.

MmeGoblindt Mon 26-Oct-09 12:06:21

Sorry, but I would think of Peaches Geldoff too.

Could you use Peaches as a middle name?

PuppyMonkey Mon 26-Oct-09 12:07:17

Just use it as a NN if you love it...

Stigaloid Mon 26-Oct-09 12:07:26

I think Peaches is a cute nickname but remember your DD will be a 40 year old woman one day - she may wish she had a more suitable name for a business environment than Peaches. Why not make it her second name but call her Peaches - that way on birth certificate or formally she is known as 'whatever' but for family and friends she is called Peaches?

voulezvou Mon 26-Oct-09 12:14:55

I'm thinking of the name Claudia Peaches as her name is Caitlin and I often call her Caitie Peaches though usually just Peaches. Anyway I will give her a proper first name but I would call her and introduce her as Peaches so I'm probably going to get the same reaction anyway.

Disenchanted3 Mon 26-Oct-09 12:17:52

I would think of geldoff but only because shes the only one i now with that name

i think its very cute name!

My daughter (middle name) is named after my sister, I don't particularly love the name (Jodie) but it wasn't about the name it was about making her smile

MRSwereWOOLFhasabroomofherown Mon 26-Oct-09 12:37:33

Agree middle name is safer.

Avendesora Mon 26-Oct-09 19:49:15

You could keep a fruit theme and name dd Victoria (Plum).

MaggieBruja Mon 26-Oct-09 20:37:59

I think it sounds like bitches tbh

choosyfloosy Mon 26-Oct-09 20:39:21

Claudia Peaches is delicious.

Heated Mon 26-Oct-09 20:39:59

Dh taught a Peachy; she's doing time for aggravated assault.

4GHASTLYGHOULSandnotout Mon 26-Oct-09 20:40:24

I like the name Peaches and on reflection i think it would have really suited my dd3, however if you are particularly bothered by what other people think (I wouldn't be myself) use it as a middle name or a nickname perhaps?

jkklpu Mon 26-Oct-09 20:40:30

starfish in Finding Nemo (played by the wonderful Allison Janney)

Jajas Mon 26-Oct-09 20:42:05

Sorry I think it's not great esp when she gets older. AS someone else said, 44 and called Peaches hmm I wouldn't thank you if you were my mum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now