PoppyIsApain Fri 23-Oct-09 17:01:17

Hi any opinions would be welcome
Ellie mae/sophie lauren
Harry/Dexter
thanks smile

Salonly Fri 23-Oct-09 17:03:08

Sophie & Dexter

Paolosgirl Fri 23-Oct-09 17:12:36

Are you planning on using the girls names together ie Ellie-Mae or Sophie-Lauren? If so - Harry only. If separately, then Sophie or Harry.

PoppyIsApain Fri 23-Oct-09 17:13:57

Ellie-mae together but sophie on own, thankls for your opinion smile

TheDevilEatsBabies Fri 23-Oct-09 17:17:51

sophie lauren is nice: i assume there's a deliberate connection?

SixtyFootGhoul Fri 23-Oct-09 17:19:38

not keen on Ellie Mae
Sophie is pretty but lots of them about
LOVE Dexter really cool!

PoppyIsApain Fri 23-Oct-09 17:21:10

No connection, but when i was expecting my 1st we couldnt decide over sophie or lauren smile

boodleboot Fri 23-Oct-09 19:49:19

I have a ten year old Ellie Mae and she has always loved her name and i have never met another even tho MN always tells me that her name is extremely 'common'.... I don't like hyphens tho and she doesn't have one. It also gives her the option for dropping the Mae should she ever want to....

Sophie is nice too tho....lots of laurens where we live so not too keen on that.

zebramummy Fri 23-Oct-09 20:13:48

digby is nice - v unusual - dexter is going to become too common due to charlotte church et al

kentgirl73 Fri 23-Oct-09 20:31:09

we have an ellie mae, although she is ellie, but we really liked the flow of ellie mae and spelling mae in a different way too!

Littlefish Fri 23-Oct-09 20:34:10

There are 3 children called Ellie-May/Ellie-Mae at my school. I would avoid it.

Maleeka Fri 23-Oct-09 21:02:17

Dexter always reminds me of Dexters lab grin

Ellie mae seems to have to be said in a "country and western" kinda way but its pretty smile

slowreadingprogress Fri 23-Oct-09 21:35:58

Sophie Lauren is beautiful and classy - in a different league althogether to Ellie Mae, it seems strange you like both sets of names as they are SO different imo

On the boys names I'd go for Dexter as Harry is just a little too used for me. Dex is a cool name for an older boy - I like it.

ineedalifelaundry Fri 23-Oct-09 21:45:23

I like Ellie Mae and Dexter. I also quite like Sophie, but not Lauren.

BucketsOfBlood Fri 23-Oct-09 22:17:55

Am guessing you're too young to remember Ellie-May Clampett in the Beverley Hillbillies then?

Hulababy Fri 23-Oct-09 22:36:54

Ellie Mae

Harry

I like Sophie but not keen on Lauren. Not keen on Dexter at all.

lovemybabyboy Fri 23-Oct-09 22:51:36

Sophie Lauren and Harry smile

LittleMissWorryHead Sat 24-Oct-09 10:40:13

Dee Dee Get out of my laboratory!! wink

I like Dexter and Harry and Sophie - Really don't like Ellie Mae. At all. Sorry!!

Fleecy Sat 24-Oct-09 17:52:35

Sophie Lauren looks a lot like Sophia Loren. I don't know if you'd think that matters or not but thought I'd point it out.

I prefer Sophie and Harry myself.

simplesusan Sun 25-Oct-09 00:59:25

Agree with Fleecy about the Sophia Loren connection.
I would go with just Sophie.
Ellie-Mae is very popular where I live.

Like Harry for a boy.

sheepgomeep Mon 26-Oct-09 21:47:19

ooh my dd2 is an Ellie Mae. The Ellie is short for Elinor though and I didn't hyphenate the two names.

mrspnut Mon 26-Oct-09 21:54:12

My daughter is Eloise Mae and when my mother first called her Ellie Mae I was horrified. I had no idea about the Beverley Hilbillies and so hadn't thought of it.

We only call her Eloise (there is no hyphen) but my family still insist on calling her ellie-mae. I absolutely hate it but they think they are being funny.

bellissima Mon 26-Oct-09 21:57:59

Please not 'Ellie Mae' unless you wish to date your child to the late noughties every time she gives her name. A gal's age should be her own secret!

For me it's Harry/Sophie. Dexter too matinee idol.

Vivia Tue 27-Oct-09 14:08:00

I'm not saying Ellie-May and Sophie Lauren are 'chavvy' names, but they are frequently chosen by parents of that ilk. Harry is a bit 'meh'.

Dexter is fabulous. I've now added it to my list for future DS!

For a girl, all you'd need do is make them more solid/suitable for child growing into adult. Elsa or Sophia?

mathanxiety Tue 27-Oct-09 17:51:31

I like Ellie Mae and Dexter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now