Talk

Advanced search

dh and i contemplating a 3rd...i'm driving it....

(9 Posts)
ohmyohmy Sat 10-Oct-09 22:32:24

talking about baby names today. he has dismissed every name i have suggested so have asked him to suggest one he likes before bed... don't know whether to laugh or cry at names he is suggesting

actually that's not strictly true - started off laughing and he was getting grumpy so next reaction is to cry!

colette (i kid you not)
gwen
aliya (what?!)

he's using some random site for suggestions.

maybe he's doing it on purpose to put me off a 3rd..!

Squiglet Sat 10-Oct-09 22:35:35

we're trying for a 3rd here and dps suggestions are..

Beatrix
Anya

Blaze
Erik

Hmm, i'm actually surprised as I think they are all ok, though ds1 wouldnt be happy with Blaze as much too cool compared to his traditional name grin

Jamieandhismagictorch Sat 10-Oct-09 22:35:54

LOL. An eclectic mixture of names

Colette = transexual name
Gwen = shortbread and a nice cardie
Aliya = quite a nice name ? not sure - pop lady who died?

(No offence to anyone with those names)

Squiglet Sat 10-Oct-09 22:36:17

I like Gwen btw.. but dp hates it as his sister is called that and they clash.

ohmyohmy Sat 10-Oct-09 22:37:00

yes, dh says he would want to 'push the boat out' with dc 3 name - that we were 'too safe' with first 2 names!

ohmyohmy Sat 10-Oct-09 22:37:56

i adore names of first 2... but if anything have become more traditional in my preferences!

Squiglet Sat 10-Oct-09 22:39:43

I think my dp is of a similar opinion on the boys name front as we have 2 ds's with traditional biblical names.. I like Joshua for #3 not even thinking of a girls name as dont think i end up with a girl and if i did i'd be shocked (but obviouslay just as happy).

diddl Sun 11-Oct-09 09:45:26

ohmyohmy

What are your suggestions?

I don´t thinkColette is too bad.

Squiglet

I quite like Anya.

tummytickler Sun 11-Oct-09 10:39:47

I love Gwen, short for Gwendolen, it is on our list - also like Winnie short for Gwendolen too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now