Talk

Advanced search

Name for baby number 4

(23 Posts)
samulator Thu 08-Oct-09 10:39:19

1st time posting so pls be kind!wink

We have got 3 DS's, Alex, Jake and Daniel and we are trying to come up with a shortist for baby number 4!!!
For Girls we like
Eloisa (i think this is the current fav)
Eliana
Luciana
Roseanna
I also like Lucinda but DH has said no way.

Boys are more difficult
Joel
Oliver

Other than this we are struggling, any comments on these names or suggestions for first names or middle names???
xx

MaggieBehave Thu 08-Oct-09 10:44:31

Eloisa is a jumble. What language is that? I like Louisa and Eloise though.
Eliana - too long-drawn out. Prefer Elena
Luciana - ok. Bit frilly. Prefer just Lucia
Roseanna - ok, bit saccharine. I'd spell it Rosanna. Prefer Susannah to Rosanna. Rosemary with Rosie or Romy for short is less frou frou.
Lucinda. I actually like that one. It's kind of precise compared with Eliana and Luciana. I like nick name Lindy

Your boys names are OK. your taste is quite classic I'm guessing. What about:
What about Marcus, Richie, DOminic, Peter, Leo, Patrick, Gregory, Saul, Gus, Guy.

MaggieBehave Thu 08-Oct-09 10:46:19

Sorry, just to clarify, I meant the names on your list are ok, I didn't want you to think I meant "your sons names are ok" that would have been very rude!

brockleybelle Thu 08-Oct-09 11:21:28

Absolutely love Joel. Also, it reminds me of my lovely cousin!

bellissima Thu 08-Oct-09 11:26:10

Agree with Maggiebehave - most of the girls' names look like you've added an extra something that isn't really necessary. Eloisa will be pronounced El-loy-za without the 'magic e'. (or maybe you had that in mind?).

Like Joel.

bellissima Thu 08-Oct-09 11:27:25

Sort of extremely cockney Eliza in fact (eloisa).

jellybeans Thu 08-Oct-09 16:06:05

Eloisa not keen
Eliana not keen
Luciana like
Roseanna like
Lucinda love it
Joel love it
Oliver not keen

randomimposter Thu 08-Oct-09 21:40:58

Eloisa - Eloise is nice, Luisa nicer
Eliana - not keen
Luciana - ok
Roseanna - prefer Rosanna, or just Rosa
Lucinda - not keen

Joel - a BIT like Jake (but like it)
Oliver - like it (sort of balances the others better?)

Good luck!

pointyhat Thu 08-Oct-09 21:45:45

As others have said, Eloise is lovely and so is Louisa. I'd pick one of those deff.

Don;t like your boy choices. Pref er Joe. Or Leon.

yummyspottyblueberry Thu 08-Oct-09 22:03:22

Love Oliver with your current DS's - Girls names aren't working for me - i'm sorry. But then I'm a 'boys gal'!!

I have a cousin Rosanna and it's a lovely name

'Eliza-anna' is how I pronnounced your list when I looked at it - I dont why though!!

Matthew, James, Joseph, Edward are our middle boys names

lovemybabyboy Sat 10-Oct-09 00:16:30

I like Joel and Oliver. Not that sure about your girls names, I like Roseanna the best out of your list and then Eliana, you seem to like names ending in 'anna' so how about just Anna? I like Louisa too.

wilkos Sat 10-Oct-09 21:14:49

your girls names are too much. too too frilly.

its like after three boys you've had a huge attack of pink! grin

your ds's names are great, very strong and traditional. makes your girls names a bit too sickly I think

Eloisa, make it Eloise or Louisa
Eliana, Elinor or Anna
Luciana, Lucy or Lucia
Roseanna, Rose
Lucinda...ain't too bad, will probably get shortened to lucy though!

thirtysomething Sat 10-Oct-09 21:32:13

Your girls ' names are a bit too frilly maybe with your boys' names? I wonder if they would age well and if they'd just get shortened anyway?

Do you have Spanish or italian connections?

I suggest Elena as others have; other suggestions along the same lines:
Lucia
Lea (pronounced Lay-ah)
Luisa/Eloise/Elodie
Rosa/Roseanne
Maya
Francesca
Elisa
Emilia

For boys I love Joel and Oliver. For middle names maybe Thomas/Edward/James/Matthew/Sebastian?

peacock19780 Sat 10-Oct-09 21:32:25

I have a very classic boy name and a very frilly girls name and they work well together!!!

I like Eliana, Rosanna and Lucinda best from girls ones ( the 'a' sound is nicer than 'y' and much safer if she marries someone with a dodgy surname as 'y'-'y' is horrid).

Also 'frillines' makes the name more unusual, distinctive and versatile with more short versions but don't go with weird spellings.

(having said all of this I also don't really like Eloisa as yes the 'i' sound will be missed off and it IS a bit cockney - like Belissima said! - hope this doesn't upset, but you have to go with what you like in the end!)

Boys - Charlie? Sam? Jamie/James?,

HerHonesty Sat 10-Oct-09 21:38:11

dont like the eana theme myself, its qutie girly/frilly but if you have had three boys then maybe you want/need somethink a bit more frothy...!

janeite Sat 10-Oct-09 21:40:25

Oliver is lovely and goes really well with the others. I don't like any of your girls' names but DO like Lucinda and Eloise without the 'a' bit on the end.

peacock19780 Sat 10-Oct-09 21:42:18

yep Eloise without a is nice, Ellie would be v cute running round after 3 big bros

janeite Sat 10-Oct-09 21:43:58

Helena would be lovely with your boys names. OR Elise or Esme.

janeite Sat 10-Oct-09 21:44:23

Sorry - lost an apostrophe there somehow.

peacock19780 Sat 10-Oct-09 21:50:00

Sophia?

ilovepeppapig Sun 11-Oct-09 15:13:45

isabella
gabriella
ella

samulator Fri 23-Oct-09 12:59:47

im stil drawn to eloise and eloisa. Pronounced e-loo-ee-sa? We are not spanish but like girls names that are slightly unusual, pretty and i notice my prefered choices all end in A! Stil struggling for boys names we like, thomas, harry, james, joseph and samuel which are all taken. Any more suggestions for boys and girls? Or thoughts on my list?

TanyaBranning Fri 23-Oct-09 13:02:47

Love Joel and Roseanna/Rosanna.

I prefer Eliza to Eloise/Eloisa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now