Talk

Advanced search

OK, I admit it, I did smile when I heard it...

(9 Posts)
Hulababy Wed 30-Sep-09 18:24:53

...in town today.

Little toddler girl playing up, starts of tantrum, foot stomping, that kind of thing. We have all been there!

But then mum was getting cross.

Oh, and really "Princess" being screeched across the town, in a very frustrated and cross mummy voice. Somehow even worse when used alongside the child's surname too.

Sorry, the scenario had me smiling!

I really do think people should consider all scenarios when considering these names for their little ones.

(and yes, it did appear to be the child's real name; was said several times, along with surname, and no other first names included)

pinkgiraffe Wed 30-Sep-09 21:24:01

People should have to choose a name from an agreed list like they do in some countries. As a teacher I have met lots of children with very poorly choosen names - Precious being one of them!

SarfEasticated Wed 30-Sep-09 22:19:20

A neighbour of mine's first name was Princess. I heard cries of 'aunty Princess' a lot, and also got post for her sometimes. Her name was Princess Phillip.

Hulababy Wed 30-Sep-09 22:20:28

Yes, I can imagine Precious is another one you'd have to be very careful with.

Jojay Wed 30-Sep-09 22:25:18

Princess Phillip grin grin

SarfEasticated Wed 30-Sep-09 22:28:57

I know. smile

CUNextTuesday Thu 01-Oct-09 21:43:42

I know a few West African ladies called Precious. In fact many West Indian/West African names are beautiful

GoppingOtter Thu 01-Oct-09 22:44:44

i agree i love Comfort

GhostWriter Fri 02-Oct-09 15:14:23

I know a Prayshus. Usually screeched. Never whispered. Actually I think Prayshus is her middle name as she's usually referred to as 'bloody Prayshus' and her surname is 'DoYouWantASmackedArse?' sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now