Advanced search

Virginia?

(17 Posts)
poisoniris Wed 30-Sep-09 14:58:30

Nickname Ginny. What do you think?

sarah293 Wed 30-Sep-09 15:00:04

Message withdrawn

smother Wed 30-Sep-09 15:03:24

I used to know a Ginny. That's ok, but Virginia? Hmmm. Not to my taste at all I'm afraid, but each to their own. And at least it ticks a lot of boxes i.e. not too popular, classic etc.

Cortina Wed 30-Sep-09 15:05:26

Love it and Ginny too! There are a few around suddenly? Harry Potter effect (although they've not Ginervas). Quite like Ginerva too. I often need a gin to calm my nerves

Cies Wed 30-Sep-09 15:06:32

Hmmm, not sure. Lots of potential for teasing later on I think.

poisoniris Wed 30-Sep-09 15:07:18

Ooh I like Ginevra.

Cortina Wed 30-Sep-09 15:10:44

What about is it Virgine? (pronounced Ver-ginny I think)? The french name and name of french actress who played opposite Leo De Caprio in The Beach.

pinkx4 Mon 12-Oct-09 16:18:52

Virginia is lovely and Ginny even lovlier. She may get stick for it as a teenager though for obvious reasons. A friend of mine just called her little one Ginevra. It's quite sweet - but a little pretentious if you live north of Watford Gap???!!!

my mums name she gets called Jenny alot.

Disenchanted3 Mon 12-Oct-09 16:27:21

Looks like the words Virgin & Vagina to me, sorry I wouldn't.

LovestheChaos Mon 12-Oct-09 16:42:16

My grandmothers name. She was known as Ginny. She was so beautiful. I love the name.

saintmaybe Mon 12-Oct-09 18:11:32

I love this, weirdly ime men hate it. my sister wanted to use it too. Both our dps were apalled.
This may be a generalisation wink

bellissima Tue 13-Oct-09 08:58:28

Bottomley

LittleMissWorryHead Tue 13-Oct-09 11:50:22

My Mum was called Virginia. It traumatised her and she changed it. She is as mad as a box of frogs though....

I like Ginny but not Virginia.

I actually remember a girl at school telling me "Yeah, well, your Mum is called Vagina!"

What could I say to that!?

roary Tue 13-Oct-09 15:52:23

My middle name is Virginia (family name). Ginny is a nice nickname and then she can be Virginia if she wants when she is grown up.

warning: Vagina as a playground nickname is inevitable.

TheBlairSnitchProject Tue 13-Oct-09 15:58:18

The scope of teasing at school would be MASSIVE.

She'd never forgive you.

Use it as a middle name maybe?

cloelia Wed 21-Oct-09 23:11:59

I have one aged 11 but she is always Ginny. This is because she was in hospital a lot as a little girl and the nurses kept calling her Victoria so we gave up on the full deal and started with the Ginny. She gets NO teasing at all at school (yet?). I think it is a good name because it is quite unusual yet you do not have to repeat it or spell it. Go Ginny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now