Talk

Advanced search

My baby name shortlist ....... time is getting on, we need a name (-:

(11 Posts)
mosschops30 Mon 28-Sep-09 10:24:32

Ok so now have a shortlist, let me know what you think.

Noah - this is my first choice, dh said no way initially but is now not soooo against it
Ollie - Prefer to Oliver because generally dont like names that can be shortened. Bit worried he might get called wally hmm
Aidan - Still unsure about this one, but it seems to be the only one we dont massively disagree on
Joseph - This one only came to me last night, he would have to be Joseph though again because of the shortening thing

corblimeymadam Mon 28-Sep-09 10:44:29

Message withdrawn

thirtysomething Mon 28-Sep-09 10:48:08

Would say Noah or Oliver (Ollie great but maybe not great at aged 50? So nice to have option of Oliver?)

I have an irrational dislike of Aidan - no idea why!!

Joseph lovely - quite popular though and he may choose to shorten, so depends if you can live with that!

Both my DC have long names that we always knowe we'd shorten but both have the option of the long names as they grow up....

thirtysomething Mon 28-Sep-09 10:48:49

mean "knew" we'd shorten of course - must check spelling!!

Cortina Mon 28-Sep-09 13:53:20

Noah because there are less of them about. Tell DH it isn't that uncommon though and that might put his mind at rest .

diddl Mon 28-Sep-09 15:02:08

Noah or Oliver-not Ollie!

lynniep Mon 28-Sep-09 15:08:32

I like Noah - considering this for DS2 but DH not so keen as apparently its 'v. popular amongst the middle class set round here' - I dont really have an issue with that - actually I thought we were part of the middle class set but apparently that would make us 'la-de-dah' types. Grrr!!

Ollie - is ok but I'd prefer Oliver to give him a chance to choose later on

Aiden - I quite like, but it isnt on my list. Maybe it should be. Hmmm

Joseph - well yes I like but am biased as DS is a Joseph. Actually he's Joey and has been since the day he was born, but again if he wants to use his full name, or Joe, or whatever when he's older thats fine.

JudeN17 Mon 28-Sep-09 15:19:31

You might find Oliver a bit too popular just now - Aiden is really nice

RnB Mon 28-Sep-09 15:20:51

Noah or Joseph.

Aiden is not so nice imho

branflake81 Mon 28-Sep-09 15:31:05

Noah – No. Really don’t like.
Ollie – I like Ollie but not so much Oliver. Quite popular though
Aidan – I like!
Joseph – I like this one too, and also like Joe

mosschops30 Mon 28-Sep-09 16:15:21

well thats helped loads grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now