Talk

Advanced search

Help with a boy's name

(15 Posts)
Ohmani Mon 28-Sep-09 06:21:12

Hi,

Our baby is due tomorrow (it's a boy) and we just can't settle on a name for him.

We already have a Matthew and a Katharine.

This is our shortlist so far:

Patrick
Luke
Miles

Any thoughts on the names or other suggestions would be really welcomed as I'm really worried he won't have a name for a week!

Thank you!

ScummyMummy Mon 28-Sep-09 06:56:50

All fine names. Like Patrick and Miles best though they are quite different from easch other, somehow. Perhaps you'll know which suits him once he's on the outside or quickly come up with an alternative? We had very short shortlists and lots of doubts about names with all our children in utero but in practice decided within moments of the birth each time once we saw them. But if he's "baby" for a while it won't hurt either.

nooka Mon 28-Sep-09 07:00:40

I'd go for Patrick. That avoids matching Gospel names and matching initials. I wouldn't worry too much, you have three nice options, and when your new ds is born you may well look at him and find that one of the names just fits him the best. Not having a name for the first few days isn't really a big deal, lots of people take a little while to settle on the best name.

Good luck with the birth!

Ohmani Mon 28-Sep-09 07:11:25

Thanks Guys!

You have raised all the things we have, I am hoping when we see him we'll just know what name to go for.... such a responsibility!

buzzybee Mon 28-Sep-09 07:44:50

According to Baby Name Wizard brothers for Matthew /Katharine are Daniel, Anthony, Nicholas, Benjamen and Nicholas. What they all have in common is an "easy" nick-name. So my question for you is do you use nick-names for Matthew and Katharine? If so you may want to stay away from Miles as its almost nickname-proof! Maybe Lucas instead of Luke?

Ohmani Mon 28-Sep-09 12:40:49

ooh thanks for that buzzybee. We do use nicknames - Kats and Matts, so we could have - Kats, Matts and Patts - lol!! That's a bit sad isn't it

Ohmani Sun 04-Oct-09 05:18:03

Just to let you know... Patrick was born on the 29 September 2009

Jojay Sun 04-Oct-09 07:13:27

Congratulations smile

Good choice grin

seeker Sun 04-Oct-09 07:25:18

Fab name! I have an 8 year old Patrick - nice to "meet' another one.

dizzydixies Sun 04-Oct-09 08:03:05

oh lovely, congratulations and great choice smile

Jamieandhismagictorch Sun 04-Oct-09 16:56:10

Congratulations !!

Patrick is a lovely name - my fantastic DH

bargainhuntingbetty Sun 04-Oct-09 17:03:04

Congratulations, hope all went well for you and you are both healthy. Lovely name, was on my DH's list for both of my dc. They are both DD's though. He wanted a 'little Paddy'.

lockets Sun 04-Oct-09 19:21:32

Message withdrawn

pointydoug Sun 04-Oct-09 19:29:43

great choice - congrats

seeker Mon 05-Oct-09 10:49:25

My ds's "family" name is Patch. I thought dd had invented it, until i discovered that very other Patrick seems to be called Patch too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now