Talk

Advanced search

Reyah

(9 Posts)
davidla Wed 23-Sep-09 12:09:42

Pronounced REY-ah (not Rey-er).
My wife is Taiwanese and had a dream last night that we should name our soon to be dd Reyah.
The name has a meaning in Chinese but I was wondering:
A: What people thought about the name?
B: What would be the best spelling: Reyah, Reah, Reiah, Rhayah, Reia, Raya, Reia?

Thanks!

Knickers0nmahead Thu 24-Sep-09 00:48:03

I like it. I would stick to the original spelling though.

FatFree Thu 24-Sep-09 00:52:03

I love it smile, i like the Reyah and Rhayah versions

davidla Thu 24-Sep-09 11:17:36

Thanks for your replies.
Spoke to my wife about the name last night and she said (and this is almost a direct quote) I could give the name any spelling I wanted as long as the name begins Ray... .
Gee - thanks a lot, darling!
Oh, just checked the meaning of the name and it turns out that Rayah is a Jewish name. Result! I'm Jewish. So now we have a name that has a Jewish meaning, a Chinese meaning, and sounds good in English. I don't think we can beat that trifecta!

MrsVik Thu 24-Sep-09 11:31:23

I like it too

anniemac Thu 24-Sep-09 12:08:29

Message withdrawn

UnrequitedSkink Thu 24-Sep-09 13:29:13

I prefer the spelling Reia, I think it looks prettier, but that's just MO. Nice that it works well for all cultures though

davidla Thu 24-Sep-09 13:49:06

I actually prefer Reia too - but Mrs davidla won't be persuaded
My wife is responsible for naming the kids in her Taiwanese family - tho' for some reason I found the name for our son as she couldn't think of one.
It certainly would make it easier if everyone could find their child's nam e in a dream - no need to worry about looking thru websites/books for manes

Ellica Tue 29-Sep-09 17:11:02

my good friend is Rhea and she's lovely!! Its a beautiful and strong name!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: