Talk

Advanced search

Reyah

(9 Posts)
davidla Wed 23-Sep-09 12:09:42

Pronounced REY-ah (not Rey-er).
My wife is Taiwanese and had a dream last night that we should name our soon to be dd Reyah.
The name has a meaning in Chinese but I was wondering:
A: What people thought about the name?
B: What would be the best spelling: Reyah, Reah, Reiah, Rhayah, Reia, Raya, Reia?

Thanks!

Knickers0nmahead Thu 24-Sep-09 00:48:03

I like it. I would stick to the original spelling though.

FatFree Thu 24-Sep-09 00:52:03

I love it smile, i like the Reyah and Rhayah versions

davidla Thu 24-Sep-09 11:17:36

Thanks for your replies.
Spoke to my wife about the name last night and she said (and this is almost a direct quote) I could give the name any spelling I wanted as long as the name begins Ray... .
Gee - thanks a lot, darling!
Oh, just checked the meaning of the name and it turns out that Rayah is a Jewish name. Result! I'm Jewish. So now we have a name that has a Jewish meaning, a Chinese meaning, and sounds good in English. I don't think we can beat that trifecta!

MrsVik Thu 24-Sep-09 11:31:23

I like it too

anniemac Thu 24-Sep-09 12:08:29

Message withdrawn

UnrequitedSkink Thu 24-Sep-09 13:29:13

I prefer the spelling Reia, I think it looks prettier, but that's just MO. Nice that it works well for all cultures though

davidla Thu 24-Sep-09 13:49:06

I actually prefer Reia too - but Mrs davidla won't be persuaded
My wife is responsible for naming the kids in her Taiwanese family - tho' for some reason I found the name for our son as she couldn't think of one.
It certainly would make it easier if everyone could find their child's nam e in a dream - no need to worry about looking thru websites/books for manes

Ellica Tue 29-Sep-09 17:11:02

my good friend is Rhea and she's lovely!! Its a beautiful and strong name!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now