Talk

Advanced search

Name to go with George & Molly

(25 Posts)
ancientgeordiegirl Mon 21-Sep-09 22:52:37

hi am due to have a baby boy in December and my hubby and I are no where near agreeing to a name. My problem is that I don't like many boys names (I went through a name book and could only come up with a list of about 15) - the ones I do love (Gabriel and Rory) have been given the thumbs down - my husbands current first choice of Logan is not popular with me either! Our other dcs are George and Molly so a name should go with that - I'm fairly straight down the line when it comes to names - don't want one in the top 10 though as don't want him to be one of many in his class....

dizzydixies Mon 21-Sep-09 22:53:58

Gideon
Noah
Roan
Coran
Stanley
Cassius
Reuben
Wilbur
Arthur nn Art

Hugo
Rufus

ancientgeordiegirl Mon 21-Sep-09 22:58:07

hi Thanks for your suggestions! I will be vetoed on any "old" names like Stanley and Arthur though. I like Noah but one of best friends has just got a little 8 week one! Funnily enough Rufus is on my list and Hugo is on my hubby's list - trouble with Rufus is that a family member has a dog called Rufus but I still really like it!

dizzydixies Mon 21-Sep-09 23:05:04

I have to admit Rufus and Hugo are my absolute favourites

what about Hector or is that too old man for your DH?

ancientgeordiegirl Mon 21-Sep-09 23:10:54

DH has actually mentioned Hector but I was not so keen also our surname is 2 sylabelles ending with tt so not sure that it goes...

PrincessButtercup Mon 21-Sep-09 23:12:39

Freddie

dizzydixies Mon 21-Sep-09 23:25:40

Ronnie
Will
Edward
Edwin
Daniel
Luca
Nico

dizzydixies Mon 21-Sep-09 23:27:52

oh oh oh some more

Elliot
Ethan
Evan

Duncan

Jojay Mon 21-Sep-09 23:31:07

Edward - great name (biased)

Mine is known as Ed which is pretty cool, Eddie is cute for little ones and Edward is a good solid name for when he's an importamt bank manager.

And there's always Woody for a change.

dizzydixies Mon 21-Sep-09 23:32:42

I do love a baby Teddy who can grow into an Edward/Ed etc smile

dizzydixies Mon 21-Sep-09 23:33:06

and if you like Noah but feel you couldn't use it what about Jonah? similar feel to it

Jojay Mon 21-Sep-09 23:34:51

My Ed is only 10 months so probably still at the 'Teddy' stage, but Ed really suits him grin

Sorry, hijack......

alypaly Mon 21-Sep-09 23:37:41

Clifton and Stacey

ancientgeordiegirl Mon 21-Sep-09 23:45:11

hi just off to bed but Edward (Teddy) on our lists as I've always liked Teddy too - again the only thing that puts us off is that close friends (DDs Godfather) have an Edward so don't want to be too much of a copycat..although they call him Eddie which we wouldn't. I like William (Will) and we don't have close friends with a William so perhaps I should be going back to these good solid names and not pining over Gabriel and Rory!

alypaly Mon 21-Sep-09 23:49:14

adam
max

TokenFemale Mon 21-Sep-09 23:54:31

I was going to suggest William as soon as I say your thread title. Goes great with your other names.

ancientgeordiegirl Tue 22-Sep-09 07:53:32

hi! My Twin Sister would agree with Adam as her DS is one! Max is on our lists but I'm not sure as it seems a bit grown up for when they are little could I get away with calling him Maxie without him sounding like a girl or the foreign car from Roary the Racing car? What other nn would you suggest for Max?

cazboldy Tue 22-Sep-09 08:04:59

really like William

or how about

James or Thomas?

traditional without being old?

Or Charles/Charlie

that goes ok.....

I have James, Caitlin, Harry, Charlie and Molly smile

or

Andrew - you don't hear that much anymore?

HappyBump Tue 22-Sep-09 10:34:52

what about:

Alexander (Alex)/Alistair?
Theo
Isaac
Henry
Daniel
Benjamin
Samuel

I have a DS who is called George and am expecting another boy ... and we are yet to decide on names.

I love the name Noah but my nephew is called Noah, and the first time my DH met my nephew he was wearing a tutu so as a consequence my DH has been put off!

ancientgeordiegirl Wed 23-Sep-09 00:30:53

my Twin has a Caitlin!

Round where we are Thomas is way too popular - Andrew is my FIL's middle name - I quite like my FIL but not enough to use his name!

ancientgeordiegirl Wed 23-Sep-09 00:36:03

Alistair is a great name - my DH is Alasdair so already got one in the family....wink Of your other suggestions I really like Henry and have also considered Theodore (so I can nn him Teddy...) - As George is a 1 syllabel name I'm thinking that this little boy needs to have a name with 2 syllabels maximum.

Am now swaying towards Rufus after reading and article (with sexy photo) of Rufus Sewell in the Culture section of this weeks Sunday Times grin

Luxmum Wed 23-Sep-09 09:13:55

I like irish names (being biased), so I'd go for:
Hugh
Lorcan
Cillian
Callum
Finn
Hector (after seeing the sooo edible Eric Bana in Troy)
I also LOVE Edward, it being my grandpas name. It can be changed so many ways and is a strong, clear name.

jkklpu Thu 24-Sep-09 20:17:17

I know a family with a Molly, George and John

loobylu3 Thu 24-Sep-09 22:49:22

Henry, Theodore, Edward and Rufus would be my favourites!

ancientgeordiegirl Sun 27-Sep-09 19:55:01

Luxmum - I'm liking a lot of your suggestions - will work on Lorcan or Hugh with my DH,
jkklpu - John wouldn't work for us - our surname is the same as a high profile politician called John so don't want to blight the little baby for life!
Loobylu3 - those 4 are definate contendors - just can't decide - find boys names so hard compared to girls!

We were meant to be deciding this weekend and of course haven't even discussed it - still have about 12 weeks to go so should be ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now