Talk

Advanced search

DH possibley lost the plot

(6 Posts)
eagmi Sun 20-Sep-09 17:46:47

DH and I are currently discussing names for daughter due in 4 weeks. We already have an isabelle, often shortened to issy. He wants to name this dd Elle or Eloise shortened to Elle. Anyone spot my issue with his suggestion?? Isabelle and Elle? He really doesn't see the problem. Time to pick sides...! grin My suggestions so far have been Talliah (tallie), Chloe or Hannah

allaboutme Sun 20-Sep-09 17:53:19

isabelle and eloise is fine
issy and elle is fine

crumpette Sun 20-Sep-09 19:30:31

Ooh I love the name Eloise..... Isabelle and Eloise, issy and elle, how sweet!

Not Elle on its own though, no

crumpette Sun 20-Sep-09 19:31:32

(Chloe also cute)

MmeLindt Sun 20-Sep-09 19:36:32

Isabelle and Elle is a definite no. Get him to say the names fast at full volume (imagine the DC have just painted the living room walls in gloss paint) to see how they sound together.

Sounds like there is an echo in the room, no?

I like Chloe and Hannah, but am not sure if they go with Isabelle/Issy. Hannah is too down to earth and Chloe too short.

What about

dogonpoints Sun 20-Sep-09 19:50:21

Took me ages to work that out. I thought you meant th eproblem would be calling out 'Issy, Elle' (Is he 'ell).

Isabelle, Elle - agree. I don't like it because one child's name is within another's.

Isabelle and Eloise ok but personally I'd go for names that don't have such similar sounds to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now