Talk

Advanced search

Middle name for Lucia

(15 Posts)
MrsVik Wed 16-Sep-09 13:57:02

Can anyone think of something which sounds nice? We are pronouncing Lucia as loo SEE ah (the Spanish way).

I like Welsh names, and because it will be a middle name, I wouldn't mind if it was something a bit 'different'.

My husband likes Ronja. Please forgive him, he's German.

MrsVik Wed 16-Sep-09 13:58:01

Oh, I forgot to say - our surname is loooong and German and starts with an M.

EldonAve Wed 16-Sep-09 14:01:05

are you welsh?

MrsVik Wed 16-Sep-09 14:09:41

My family are, although I was born in England. Have spent some time living in Wales, now live abroad.

bellissima Wed 16-Sep-09 18:28:54

Mainly over to authentic Welsh MNers then...

I can think Bronwyn, Rhiannon, Myfanwy (forgive all spellings here). But not really 'different'.

GrendelsMum Wed 16-Sep-09 22:30:57

Why not Ronja? I think that's very pretty.

daisy71 Mon 21-Sep-09 09:32:42

I'm having a Lucia in 3 weeks, but as DH is Italian, we are pronouncing it Loo-chee-ah. Also have no firm names for middle name, so don't know why I'm replying really. I wanted Lucia Carmina after his grandma, but he's not keen.

Lucia Caryss
Lucia Meghan
Lucia Seren

???

sockmonster Mon 21-Sep-09 13:15:38

I had a Lucia, pronounced Loo-see-a and spelled with the accent on the i

Anyway her middle name was Elisabeth, which isn't very Welsh..

hmm how about

Angharad, Bronwen, Morwenna, Llewella, Rhiannon, erm.. that's all the welsh names I can think of other than Carys or the one ghastly suggestion for my DD from a relative in Wales 'Haf' (means summer, apparently.. ehem)

aurynne Wed 23-Sep-09 09:40:13

Actually, the Spanish name is pronounced "Loo-thee-ah"... I know because I am Spanish ;)

Aurynne

sockmonster Thu 24-Sep-09 19:55:35

Italian= Loo-chee-ah

Spanish= Loo-thee-ah

Latin American Spanish = Loo-see-ah

I have Mexican and Italian family and used to live in Mexico. I think all pronunciations are very pretty (biased grin) but it will be mispronounced if you live in the UK whichever you choose.

By the way I love the name Aurynne, I think that sounds really pretty with Lucia!

cookielove Thu 24-Sep-09 19:59:00

i like lucia grace

MrsVik Thu 24-Sep-09 20:15:55

Thanks for your help everyone! Love Bronwen.

I did already think of Seren, but 'Lucia Seren' sounds a bit like someone trying to say 'Sophia Lauren' and messing it up!

Sorry aurynne - I was lead to believe it was the Spanish pronunciation! I guess it's the Latin American one, as sockmonster said.

And actually, Aurynne IS kind of nice...

Carmina is lovely too!

aurynne Fri 25-Sep-09 06:28:15

I actually made up my nickname out of the "Auryn", the amulet that the Child Empress gives to Atreyu on "The Neverending Story". It was an amulet that granted you all your desires.

MrsVik, Carmina is indeed a beautiful name. It comes from the name Carmen, very Spanish too.

Whatever you choose, she will have a beautiful name!

Hugs,

Aurynne

daisy71 Sat 26-Sep-09 21:55:22

We've now decided on Lucia Emilia. Still hankering after Lucia Carmina and think it goes better, but Dh was wavering over Lucia, so agreed speedily before we ended up with Monica as a first name (I kid you not!)

MrsVik Sun 27-Sep-09 09:36:39

Monica would be our absolutely worse name ever. Not that I don't like it, but it's almost identical to our surname!!!

Glad you have made your decision

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now