Talk

Advanced search

Asian-Irish girl names - opinions please

(9 Posts)
JDubs1 Mon 14-Sep-09 20:16:12

Hello,
What do you think of these potential names (sorry there are so many!) She will have an oriental middle name and Irish surname.

Girls
Erin
Isis
Maia
Ava
Jasmine
Yasmin
Gabrielle/Gabriella
Alyssia/Alyssa
Le anna/Leona/Lena
Alannah
Elena
Kaya
Aisha/Aiesha
Lana
Ashleigh
Lauren
Kyla
Kayla(h)
Arianne /Arianna
Aisling
Lara
Tazmin/Tasmin

thanks

leothelioness Mon 14-Sep-09 20:18:50

I love Arianna if we had had a dd that would have been her name but we have 2ds.
My name is also on the list above smile

Buda Mon 14-Sep-09 20:21:12

Quite like all of your list. Thought I would throw another one in though - Nayana. Some Irish friends called their DD that and I though it was very pretty.

nigglewiggle Mon 14-Sep-09 20:21:39

Not sure about the brief, but I like most of your choices, but not -

Alyssia - common
Le anna Is that a real name?
Kaya - See above
Ashleigh - urgh
Kyla - No
Tazmin - Don't like the spelling

The rest are lovely.

JDubs1 Mon 14-Sep-09 20:43:37

Thanks people.

leothelioness - grin

Buda - is Nayana mixed race? That is a very pretty name.

Nigglewiggle - it should be Leanna without the space.
Sorry should have explained I'm of oriental descent and have married an Irishman. So just letting people know that our bambina will have an oriental middle name (which my parents will help with) so she won't "forget" her asian identity (even if she will look more oriental than white)! Just need help with a first name.

Thanks!

Buda Mon 14-Sep-09 20:47:31

She is full Irish JDubs1! Parents are too. I think the mum might have mentioned it is an Indian name.

I think it is really pretty.

mathanxiety Tue 15-Sep-09 02:07:43

Lara, Jasmine, Gabrielle and Ava are my favourites. Prefer Leonie to the Leanna/Leona combo, and I like Lena and Lana also.

MaggieBeauLeo Tue 15-Sep-09 10:18:05

I like lots of your names, Lara, Gabriela, Ava, Leona (rather than Leanna) and as pp says, Lena too. I like Yasmin but I think something similar is the name of a bcp. Check that!

As for your brief, that's hard. What about Kira. Could be a bit of overlap between ciara and kiran there..?

There wouldn't be a lot of overlap would there? Although I don't know for sure.

MaggieBeauLeo Tue 15-Sep-09 10:18:40

ps, as well as Maia, what about Gaia, means Goddess of the EArth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now