Talk

Advanced search

Names and alliteration

(6 Posts)
Thusnelda Tue 08-Sep-09 17:52:48

Not mother - prospective father but cant be bothered to look for a "dadsnet". Can't decide if Frieda Felicity is a bit...meh, as a name goes.

I want Felicity as a family name and we both like Frieda, but I think the whole point of having two names is to supply an alternative if your child thinks you were deranged with their first option. By the way, the surname starts with a T.

Well?

twirlymum Tue 08-Sep-09 18:02:17

Not quite sure what you're asking, tbh?

Thusnelda Tue 08-Sep-09 18:13:06

I think what he meant (it's the real Thusnelda here now), is do you mind the FF and are the names too similar to be an alternative in case she hates Frieda? (or the letter F?)

MrsWuh Tue 08-Sep-09 18:22:14

My reason for having middle names for my children is to honour much-loved family members who have passed away - not as a substitute name. If you're worried that your child might not like their first name, why not give them a name that has lots of possible nickname options, like Elizabeth? Frieda is a bit limiting in that respect.

Personally, I love Felicity - it's much prettier than Frieda. To be honest, I do think it is a bit 'meh' to put them together - Frieda sounds like a sturdy, practical, plain German girl, and Felicity sounds like a pretty, girlie princess. They just don't 'go' somehow.

Thusnelda Tue 08-Sep-09 18:28:28

A sturdy, practical, plain German girl - just like her mother then!
Thanks, that made me giggle. I can see your point.

twirlymum Tue 08-Sep-09 20:32:40

Felicity is lovely, Flic, Fliss or Lissy for short.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now