Talk

Advanced search

Why is this so hard - it's only our second after all, not our tenth???!!!

(5 Posts)
sleepychunky Tue 08-Sep-09 14:06:13

Please help me! DS2 due in 12 weeks. Really stuck for a name. If I give you the criteria please can you come up with some suggestions I can show to DH? We are finding it hard to think of anything and only have 1 name so far which is remotely acceptable to both of us.
So, here's the criteria:

Cannot start with S or K
At least 2 syllables, preferably 3
DS1 has traditional, biblical first and second names so want something which will go with his name (but doesn't have to be biblical) - ie. Daniel James (not DS1's name but along those lines) so wouldn't want something like Brooklyn or Hunter as I think that would sound a bit funny (but willing to be persuaded otherwise)

Think that's it - do your worst! Can't check back much this afternoon (am at work) but will log on from home to see what you come up with smile

MrsVik Tue 08-Sep-09 14:48:13

Hmmm.... here goes!

Benjamin
Johnathan
Edward
Phillip
Micheal
Joshua
Anthony
Matthew
Nicholas
Patrick
Samuel
Thomas
Timothy

MamaG Tue 08-Sep-09 14:49:54

Christopher
Elliot
Charles (Charlie)
Edward
Matthew
Alexander

sleepychunky Tue 08-Sep-09 14:58:58

Thanks both - MrsVik both our DS1's names are on your list, and the only one we like so far is as well. So these are definitely on the right lines.
Mama, thanks also. Will show to DH later!

MrsVik Tue 08-Sep-09 15:16:12

sleepychunky here is a link www.namenerds.com/uucn/namequiz.html
to a kind of quiz where you can select the name that you like best in each group. After you're done, it tells you your 'naming profile' (for example, classic conservative, modern, etc). You can then click on the your naming preference type and it comes up with a list of names which match your profile.

I have tried it a few times and it seems fairly accurate, albeit with an American bias.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now