Talk

Advanced search

Harry, Edward or Frank???

(21 Posts)
Lolbilly Fri 04-Sep-09 22:05:42

Hi

Hoping for some opinions on names for our baby boy who is due next week. Our surname is Billingham and we have shortlist of...

Harry Billingham - just think it sounds nice, but worried it's too popular and we'll regret it if there are loads of other Harry's in his class at school

Frank Billingham - Frank was my grandad's name and have always thought it was quite cool because it is not very popular and thought Frankie might be nice as a nickname when he's little. But now am concerned it might be too unpopular and is not popular cos people don't like it (you can tell I've been thinking about this way too much!! Not good with late pregnancy hormones!!)

Edward Billingham - Like the variety of nicknames that come with it, Ed, Eddie, Ned, Ted etc and think Eddie Billingham sounds good, but would put Edward on his birth certificate

Thanks for your help!!!

nigglewiggle Fri 04-Sep-09 22:08:11

I agree that Harry is too popular. Edward is good and flexible, but Frank is a clear front runner IMO. it's a cool name, but not everywhere.

sarahsyrup Fri 04-Sep-09 22:09:15

Edward deffo. Harry too popular. Frank too 'Frank Butcher'.

fidelma Fri 04-Sep-09 22:10:36

All are very good .Edward is my least favourite.Frank is less popular but Harry is lovely.

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 04-Sep-09 22:10:37

Message withdrawn

Paolosgirl Fri 04-Sep-09 22:10:54

Love Harry and Edward, but Frank just reminds me of Frank Spencer (showing my age there!). Sorry - just don't like Frank, Frankie or Francis at all smile

choosyfloosy Fri 04-Sep-09 22:11:12

Great names. Only problem with Edward is the transition between 'd' and 'b' to your surname, which I think feels slightly sticky. Harry or Frank are both great. (round our way I only know one Harry and he is a few years into primary school).

geRONtius Fri 04-Sep-09 22:12:55

Frank is horrible.
The other two are lovely grin

piscesmoon Fri 04-Sep-09 22:13:10

I like Edward and Harry but think Frank is a horrible name.

Cadelaide Fri 04-Sep-09 22:16:08

Dare I suggest Francis?

jellybeans Sat 05-Sep-09 09:23:08

Harry by far the best.

Lilyloo Sat 05-Sep-09 09:29:59

Love Harry but have one myself so bias , not very popular round here and mine is 7.
Edward is nice too , maybe have Frank as a middle name ?

dizzydixies Sat 05-Sep-09 09:43:10

Edward with Frank as a middle name

Edward/Edwin etc all lovely and I have a soft spot for babies called Teddy!

please don't use nn Ned if you are in Scotland - up here is means a wee gadgie scumbag

nooki Sat 05-Sep-09 18:02:49

Agree that Harry is too popular... there are 2 in my ds's nursery group of 12.

Would also agree that the d of Ed/Edward and the B of Billingham don't work that well together. Wouldn't have noticed but agree with previous poster.

Really love Frank - lovely classic name that isn't (yet?) commonplace. Frankie is a cute nickname.

blonde36er Sun 06-Sep-09 19:18:25

All three!

We've agreed on all three for ours if it's a boy - Frank Edward Harry, although how it'll feel about being named after 3 dead people I don't know!

slowreadingprogress Sun 06-Sep-09 20:13:39

Edward Billingham, it just has to be surely! It's by far the classiest and most distinguished (plus the cutest 'little boy' nicknames!)

upamountain Sun 06-Sep-09 21:44:26

Well, I love Frank - no-one his age will think Frank Spencer or Frank Butcher.It is a different generation thing.Be a bit different.

boodleboot Sun 06-Sep-09 21:56:53

Edward billingham is lovely. i love Edward

MrsGokWantstogocampingagain Sun 06-Sep-09 22:49:23

Frank grin

My nephew is Francis named after my grandfather and both are called Frank. It's a lovely name.

Yorky Sun 06-Sep-09 22:56:06

Harry my hands down favourite from the 3, no reason just like it. Despite a very energetic and chatty 3yr old harry who lived next door to us a few years ago!

NervousNutty Sun 06-Sep-09 22:58:04

Harry, but then I would say that because I have one. It's not very common around here either. I only know of one other Harry and he is 11, ds is 6.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now