Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

George for a girl?

(12 Posts)
Ninni Fri 04-Sep-09 20:27:04

What do you think? Or does it have to be Georgia/Georgina and then call her George?

MaggieVirgo Fri 04-Sep-09 20:28:31

WEll, I wouldn't put George on the birth cert.

I like Georgina on bc iwth Georgia for short

jkklpu Fri 04-Sep-09 20:32:42

oh please
think about it the other way round: what if you called your ds Jemima, for example?

PielightIsMyNewLove Fri 04-Sep-09 20:33:36

If you call her George and not Georgia then you are v cruel indeed

cvyes Fri 04-Sep-09 20:33:55

Would put Georgina or Georgia on birth cert & shorten to George - perfectly ok!

GrimmaTheNome Fri 04-Sep-09 20:36:09

No. She might turn out like the one in the Famous Five, but if not she'd hate it.

Name her Georgina and then shorten as seems apt as her character develops - Gina, Georgie, George in order from girlie to full tomboy. Its a very adaptable name!

Jbck Fri 04-Sep-09 20:37:11

We debated Georgie for DD2 rather than just George, fancied something unisex to go with DD1. We preferred another name more so went with it but I really liked it, don't know if I'd have gone for George pure and simple but I certainly don't hate it.

dizzydixies Fri 04-Sep-09 20:44:20

my DD3 has a boys name but we gave her a very feminine name as her first name and her used name as her middle name to save confusion

if you love it use it but be prepared to stand by it and get lots of hmm comments grin

slowreadingprogress Fri 04-Sep-09 20:56:32

yes i think it's unkind to give a totally traditional well known boys name to a girl.

twofalls Fri 04-Sep-09 20:59:55

You can't put George on her bc. Honestly, she will hold it against you forever.

dizzydixies Fri 04-Sep-09 21:22:27

slowreadingprogress we did and she suits it and its been a huge success in our case

crokky Fri 04-Sep-09 21:24:49

I'd put either Georgia/Georgina on the birth cert. Then by all means call her George, fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now