Talk

Advanced search

What d'you think of...

(8 Posts)
CheerfulYank Fri 04-Sep-09 09:23:07

Eleanora Josephine? I know it's very long, but our last name is one syllable. Eleanora was DH's grandmother, and the Josephine is for my mother who is Jody. We would use Ellie for a nn and our DS is Sam.

(By the way I'm not preg so this is theoretical. I'm just bored! Do plan to ttc in the next year or so.)

MaryBS Fri 04-Sep-09 09:42:14

Really pretty, I love them.

MaryBS Fri 04-Sep-09 09:42:34

Wouldn't recommend them for a boy though wink

Jojay Fri 04-Sep-09 09:58:32

Lovely.

Not keen on Ellie though.

Nora?

Ella?

CheerfulYank Fri 04-Sep-09 10:01:04

I did like Ella originally but now Ella is v.v. popular here. Also like just plain Elle.

gorionine Fri 04-Sep-09 10:06:43

I prefer Ellie with Sam than Ella .

For fear of people saying "oh ! here come Sam and Ella" (sounds like salmonella)

Just kidding!grin

I think I like both equally nice!
Elle is very very nice too!

CheerfulYank Fri 04-Sep-09 10:12:26

LOL hadn't thought of Sam 'n' Ella sounding like salmonella but you're absolutely right! I'll probably go with Ellie or Elle anyway. I really like Elle, but our last name is sort of...it sounds..oh for eff's sake, our last name is Brick. Is there a no last name rule on mumsnet? Anyway I think Elle Brick sounds a bit abrupt.

honestlyandtruly Fri 04-Sep-09 10:53:35

Gorgeous names. Particularly like Josephine, it's a name we've considered adding to our shortlist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now