Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

twirlywhirly's baby name shortlist

(13 Posts)
twirlywhirly Tue 01-Sep-09 16:35:43

Here's the shortlist of baby names I'm considering that I generated with Mumsnet's Baby Name Finder. Let me know what you think.

Boys
Chaz
Farran
Gibbs
Jabez
Wesley
Westley

Girls
Dexter
Lexine
Ronnie
Chaz0
Chaz1
Chaz2

LouMacca Tue 01-Sep-09 16:50:32

Not sure if this is a serious post? hmm If it is I think that they are awful choices, sorry.

Dexter for a girl? Lexine is truly awful and I don't understand what the Chaz0, Chaz1 and Chaz2 means?

MmeLindt Tue 01-Sep-09 16:52:04

Um, tbh I am struggling to think of nice things to say about any of your names.

They are all slightly unusual.

MrsVik Tue 01-Sep-09 17:01:15

I think this is another case of the name finder screwing up. It happened the other day with someone. Half her names were missing, in the wrong place, or had those weird 0, 1, 2's at the end.

For what it's worth, I think the name Farran is ok! But I suspect we're not seeing your true selection in all its glory

crokky Tue 01-Sep-09 17:06:33

They are all quite odd.

twirlywhirly Tue 01-Sep-09 17:13:28

Ok new to this name bit so sorry for the error's,I love the name Wesley as it is my nephews name,Also Jabez was my fathers name but you must pronounce it correctly,Farran and Dexter are already my sons name.I also have a daughter Tiffany.
I didn't quite know what the button was for but decided to investigate so I will now try to sort it out.
Hey to you all nice to meet you!

MmeLindt Tue 01-Sep-09 17:17:53

There seem to be all sorts of problems with the Baby Name Finder. Hope you get it sorted out. I played around with it for a while recently and I am not pregnant, not trying to get pregnant and have no intention of getting pregnant again ever.

Wesley goes well with your other DCs names.

twirlywhirly Tue 01-Sep-09 17:19:34

Can I edit my post?
I was trying to add them to the names list's Dexter was meant for boy section,Also Chaz for a boy i think is wonderful I am trying to get my son to name my new grandson one of the names above but no wonder he doesn't like them!!if no one here does lol!!
Oh Iby the way i read the posts out to my children they had tears streaming down their faces!!
So maybe there name choice of either Reggie or Vinnie will be choosen I hope not.

MaggieLeo Tue 01-Sep-09 18:52:44

yes that baby name finder is a real gem wink

just TELL us the names you like, from your brain and we will comment.. how does that sound? Too old-fashioned? grin

mathanxiety Tue 01-Sep-09 20:04:10

I hope you're not one of those interfering grannies who butt in to other people's babynaming business with suggestions?

MaggieLeo Tue 01-Sep-09 20:12:43

No I'm not! My children are 7 and 4. So a long way from being a grandmother myself.

THere are a good few threads on here about Grandmas trying to have a say in their daughter or DIL's name choices, and I always say the same, they had their chance, and if their only complaint is that the name is not to their taste, then that's not a legitimate complaint.

I am almost laughing over my keyboard, at the idea of having called my children Marcus and Juliet or Phoebe, the names of my brothers' children. That would have gone down like a very confused bucket of cold weird sick, with a side serving of awkwardness!! My Mum and Dad would have thought I'd lost the plot.

I'm genuinely surprised how many people think that it's OK.

You live and learn.

MaggieLeo Tue 01-Sep-09 20:13:25

Hango on. Wrong thread I think? Both of us!

mathanxiety Wed 02-Sep-09 18:41:43

Sorry MaggieLeo, I was asking twirlywhirly. Must be more specific.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now